Inhuman Rampage review by DragonForce

• Released: Jan 9, 2006
DragonForce: Inhuman Rampage

Before I heard Dragonforce, I thought that the guys from Avenged Sevenfold were the most insane musicians I'd ever heard. No offense to A7x, but their music sounds like childrens music compared to the ass-kickedness that is Dragonforce. Really, this album isn't made up of songs, more like one massive guitar solo with words and rhythm parts added. 01. Through The Fire And Flames - one of my new all-time favorite songs. When I first heard it my mind was severely blown and when I first saw the music video I almost cried and wet myself. They mix the most intricate parts together and play side-along solos perfectly. I also like the hardcore keyboard parts that go along with it. 02. Revolution Deathsquad - I think I had an orgasm when I heard this song. The lyrics cut out at 3 minutes in and then it goes into one of the most insane solos I've ever heard. They mix in what sounds like classical music with parts of the solos, which sounds really cool. 03. Storming The Burning Fields - an extremely fast song that makes you realize how godly everyone in Dragonforce is. 04. Operation Ground And Pound - another one of my favorite songs, with insanely fast drums, bass, and keyboards, and amazing guitar. 05. Body Breakdown - another one of my favorites, with just amazing awesomeness, and one of the coolest bass riff/solos I've ever heard. 06. Cry For Eternity - an awesome song, with scrathy backing vocals and even more insane guitar. Imagine that. 07. The Flame Of Youth - another awesome song on this album with more awesome guitars and all other instruments, which I totally wasn't expecting after every other song before it being so godly. 08. Trail Of Broken Hearts - a good song, but probably my least favorite song on this album. It's just too slow and doesn't really match with the rest of the album.

When I first heard this band, I thought that they must be a '90s band, because of the lack of screaming vocals. When I found out that they started out in 1999, I was amazed how they weren't put under the screaming influence. But if they were a screaming band, the vocals wouldn't go nearly as perfectly with the music as they do without. Sometimes listening to this album, you just get lost in the song so the vocals just flow into the instruments. I also liked how they don't cuss in the recordings at all, so I could show it to my dad who loves insaneness, and not feel uncomfortable whenever they drop f-bombs. Frederic's scratchy backup vocals also go perfectly with the music, and really complement ZP's singing.

After hearing this, no other band can ever replace its space in my heart. No matter how hard they would ever try, they never could. It is just the perfect album if you like heavy music, but not screaming that much. Pretty much every song on the album amazed me, and I love everything about it. I hate nothing about it, it's just too perfect. If I ever lost it, I would go to the band members and beg on my knees for another copy, instead of taking the boring way and going to Best Buy and searching for another copy, finding it, looking at more CDs, and have your retarded friend buy the only copy of it while you aren't watching.