Inhuman Rampage review by DragonForce

• Released: Jan 9, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 5.7 Decent
DragonForce: Inhuman Rampage

I go to a music store to take lessons. My guitar teacher told me that he went to a Dragonforce concert and the guitarists were insane! Well I went to the music store and bought this CD. I agree, the guitarists Herman Li and Sam Totman are ripping it up with harmony and fast picking. The opening song "Through the Fire and Flames" was probally one of the best. The lyrics rushed pretty quick and was a long song. "Cry For Eterity" was their next best song but it kinda sounded the same as the first. That's the only problem, almost all the songs sound the same. It drags on because all of them are over 5 minutes. But however, the drums have different beats which makes each song more unique.

There is a problem with the lyrics; they all sound the same, and they speak so fast, you can't understand what they're saying and what the song is about. The lyrics are actually great cause I read the lyric book. If I could suggest to them, I would suggest to slow it down.The singers are actually not bad though.

My overall impresiion of this CD is a not bad. Their guitar playes are extremely skilled and playing nicely (which is what I like)although they sound the same for a lot of the songs (don't like).Their lyrics are good (like) except it's too fast and the singers sound the same don't like. It's a good band compared to a lot of others but not my favourite. If I lost it. I wouldn't buy it but would be pissed off. If it was stolen, I would find the thief and kill him cause it'll be a waste of $40.

wildchild6660
    All the members of dragonforce have superhuman technical ability but the songwriting in the album sux. The lyrics aren't worth a dime, the songs have similar chord progressions and melodies (which makes it almost like listening to the same song) and they have trouble keeping to time live. However, it is fun to see the close-ups of the guitar playing on the music videos. Its frikin awesome the way their fingers get all blury.