Inhuman Rampage review by DragonForce

• Released: Jan 9, 2006
DragonForce: Inhuman Rampage

Dragonforce is a band that has a certain greatness like no other too it. Their music brings out an image into my mind of a magnificient group of Gods breaking through the clouds in the sky to infuse the people of earth with their music (rescueing them with it). It revitalizes any spirit. Dragonforce brings out what I like to call Orchestral Metal and even brings me to remind myself of the old days of playing Mega Man for the Super NES. The fast paced power metal that they do inspires me.

The singer can project his voice quite well and it shows throughout the CD. Combined with the "rising star"-like lyrics it makes a resounding epic of voice trail through the skies of the earth. The lyrics are very deep, somewhat emotionally, but more deep as in picturesque. I have had a few moments where I felt like he sounded like the dude singing the original Poke'mon theme song (although very rare).

Many people say Dragonforce uses the same pattern in every song and all their songs sound the same. They don't know what they are talking about. The CD, Inhuman Rampage, is literally an Album for a new age of Metal. Of course you have the famous "Through The Fire And Flames", then we have "Operation Ground And Pound", and for a step slower than normally (bringing diversity to the CD) there is "Trail Of Broken Hearts". Honestly, there are not many bands I would compare this too. If I had to choose between Ozzy and DF, then Ozzy would win, but between something such as Metallica and DF, I would choose Dragonforce. I would definitly buy this album for my friends so they can listen to the awesome hammer-ons and pull-offs of DF.

666metalmark
    I like this band, the previous albums were better though. Herman Li rules in composition, but blows in playing clean live.
    iH8CarAccidents
    Yeah, I agree that they're not the best. I mean I'm not gonna bash Herman Li because he would pwn me beyond all recognition, but he's not the greatest guitarists out there. The Dream Theater, Symphony X, Firewind, Joe Satriani, and probably Bullet for My Valentine could pull off solos of equal or greater calibur than Dragonforce. And yes they do sound sloppy live. Probably because they play everything at breakneck speed which is kinda hard to coordinate.
    Jihad Master
    ... and finally i thought that DragonForce were a good band untill i stumbled across this:
    and i thought herman li was pretty good untill is saw these.:
    http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0LYoWE-wP8 http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=ybplI5BuD6A&feature=related etc. Galneryus is the definite power metal band. a guitarist who can actually write songs, a fantastic keyboardist(although i like dragonforces on too) and bassist. the vocalist is cheesy sounding but he has an excuse: hes from and lives in japan and hes singing in english.
    Jihad Master
    and none of syu's guitar videos are speeded up. they were taken from a demonstration done for a guitar magizine.
    RuShRoCkS!
    yeah hey you jihad master! your pretty clinically insane too. But that doesnt mean that lobsters cant get along with octopuses. I mean, cant they live in harmony together? I mean wtf? Why cant they be friendly to each other and stop eating peoples sandwiches?? I mean fer real????? And the toenail monsters are getting annoying. I mean, they hide under my bed and clip my fingernails. I mean, poop.
    Jihad Master wrote: ..... and that RuShRoCkS guy sounds clinicaly insane
    Dood I hate that kid! He's a totall DB!!! But watch out, I hear he's an Irish Gangster!!!
    iH8CarAccidents
    Oh, and whatever you do... Do NOT attempt to headbang to Dragonforce. You will hurt yourself. Be it whiplash or severe head trauma or something else I haven't thought of... It's just not a good idea.
    RuShRoCkS!
    I Poop. Do you? well acording to this album by dragonforce, everybody poops. Do you catch my drift? The sound is poop. thats what I'm trying to say. Anyway, back to the topic. If geckos had wings, lollipops wouldnt be tasty and/or constipated. But thats beside the fact that everybody poops. The lyrics eat me all day! I cant take it!And ive got to go. The squirrels are watching. The end! P.S. I Poop!
    PanteraRapesYou
    Sorry to ruin the vibe... I would respect this band a whole lot more if they could play what they supposedly wrote live or maybe improvise if needed... They are stupid...
    Lemoninfluence
    RuShRoCkS! wrote: llanafreak44 wrote: Herman li is pobably the fastest guitarist today, dont know anyone faster yeah, and herman li sucks. sorry but he dose use a computer to speed up his solos. Sam can play that fast though. so I wouln't say he is the fastest, IDK who is though, but he is talented.
    he doesn't speed up his solos. it's just easier to get a good take in the studio when you can do something until you get it right. also, calm down.
    cow7
    i wonder if they could really play if they weren't drunk all the time.
    Jihad Master
    wildchild6660 wrote: All the members of dragonforce have superhuman technical ability but the songwriting in the album sux. The lyrics aren't worth a dime, the songs have similar chord progressions and melodies (which makes it almost like listening to the same song) and they have trouble keeping to time live. However, it is fun to see the close-ups of the guitar playing on the music videos. Its frikin awesome the way their fingers get all blury.
    im sorry to pop your bubble there but if your talking about the "through the fire and flames" musical video, i have bad news for you: in the video, the solo sections were speeded up digitally: fact.
    SkidRow92
    The_Trooper14 wrote: well Punk can shut the **** up! METAL FOREVER! Through damnation we ride sign of the times bleeding lies! Thunder on high look to the sky!!
    The Ramones are the best band ever...Even tho i like metal...but punk sucks and it sucks that the Ramones are affiliated with the punk genre. I like This band they're pretty good.
    totalxanarchy
    u guys r retarded. barely any of the dragonforce songs sound the same. if u listen at all to the music, then u will notice that all of the songs are not the same.
    DimebagRazor
    i dont get why people like sam and herman, there okay but way too mechanical no feel to the guitar playing. Great guitarists are those who play right from their soul not right from speed picking 101.
    totalxanarchy
    Conehead wrote: Through the Fire and the Flames is the only good song by them, plus, they remind me of the Power Rangers.
    ur a fag
    hybridone12
    Dragonforce is flat out fun. The purpose of the band is just having a kickass time. Their lyrics are cheesy. thats the way its supposed to be. This band kicks major ass.
    A.U.S.T.I.N.
    herman li is good, but sucks live. Paul Waggoner of Between the Buried and Me is 100x better and is dead on live
    ian110
    i think theyre a good band, and i dont mind listening to the odd song here and there, but i dont think i could sit through an entire album for the simple reason that id get bored, there isnt a great deal of variation between songs, very similar vocally, and i do agree that the guitar solos are worth listening to, they do drag on for too long and while the guitaring is technically very good, for me it seems to lack soul and seems to be playing fast just for the sake of it
    FlapJack85
    Hermin li dose speed up his solos, and Lemon dude what you said doesn't make any sence? He uses a computer in the studio! Also, they dont get drunk before a show any more, so if hermin is sober, how come he cant play as fast like on the CD? But Rush dude is right about Sam, he is good! He should be the one doing the five minute solos, not hermin. Guys, exept the fact that Sam is the only one who is giving any talent to us. ZP cant sing, okay! Just cuz you have a high, wailing voice doesn't mean it's uniqe! Their drummer is doing the same beat in every ong ex. Trail of broken hearts! I suck at drums and I can do every thing he dose, no lie! Their bassist plays like, two notes every song! No talent! The keybored guy only sounds good on OGP with his solo, other then that he's obnoxious and over powering! Sam should find a new band!!!!!
    thrashnmosh782
    sure, but its still ****in incredible got the 399th issue of guitar world with TTAF tabbed out and im ****ing scared to try some parts man lol
    guitarfreak222
    KHwannabe wrote: awesome too bad they suck live
    they suck live coz 1 their drunk 2 they have crap roadies but i think the've learned to play sober live and gotten better roadies. THER R AWESOME LIVE NOW go on youtube check out them live at golden hammer awards and live at the dowload fest.
    shredtilurdead
    I think that dragonforce are a bunch of *****s.Herman Li couldnt play to save his life and speeds his solos up using a computer.I am mad because noobs are going around saying that hes the best guitarist ever.He sucks,hes sloppy and cant even play his own solos live.
    xdirtxbikerx
    dragonforce!!! wrote: Herman Li is a beast and i'm going to see DF this Friday in Cleveland and it's going to be amazing!!!
    U lucky bastard.
    jimmy, the one
    personally, i hate this band. i think bands like blind guardian and kamelot have alot more to offer
    ShatterSpirit
    guitarfreak222
    ShatterSpirit wrote: This is definitely one of the most over rated bands in a long time. I agree with shredtilurdead that Herman Li can't play for shit and speeds his solos up on a computer. Not to mention every single song sounds the same, shitty power chords spaced with trem picking of the root note of that powere chord and random solo riffs thrown in. The vocals are garbage, the drums are repetitive, overall it just sucks.
    **** u herman can play check out his guitar lessons on youtube
    Mondo Generator
    Probably one of the gayest metal bands around. These stupid pricks can't even play in tune with each other live. The members of the band are incredibly arrogant and deserving of a kick to the balls. They sing about the lamest fantasy crap ever. This album was not enjoyable for me. Almost all metal really sucks nowadays.