Inhuman Rampage review by DragonForce

• Released: Jan 9, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
DragonForce: Inhuman Rampage

Dragonforce. a high-speed, fast beated, solo-filled, Metal band. Herman Li and Sam Totman do an excellent job of making IMPOSSIBLE solos and insane riffs!! They got most of their popularity in america from Guitar Hero 3, Through the fire and the flames, as featured in this album, Which is the hardest song on the game. Many say that Herman 'Cheats' with a pedal that makes it go fast and sound like he's playing a bunch of good notes. BULL! He's proven himself in concert when he misses 20% of his notes and the singer comes in and everyone says "who died?" and that missing notes thing proves that he doesnt't fake in concert. But what about in the studio? Herman Li said for Guitar world that "In the studio were perfection freaks and make sure we hit every note, but in concert were running around and having fun, not really caring. And in a response to saying they suck in concert, Herman response, "Well pay a lot and you can see us play badly, live!"

ZP Theart. He's a decent singer, but not 'metal'. he sounds like basic rock. With a deeper more Metal-like voice, They would be a better band. but ZP Theart doesnt't add together with the band. Although the singer never sings, they should still have a more Metal singer, or call themselves a heavy rock band, at highest.

They compare to no one to me. there is very little bands that has more solo than lyrics. but I enjoy listening to the guitar going crazy of solos. that's almost more entertaining than listening to the lyrics. but somehow DragonForce isn't in my top list, which has many bands in it, so it's not like it's hard to get into. I don't like how hard it is to learn a song by them, not just because of the diffuculty of the songs, but the length of each song, and the length of the solos. I love the solos though, I guess it's more of a cover band, not something a band would want to do a cover on. My favorite songs in the album is Through the fire and flames, Revolution deathsquad, Operation groundpound, Body Breakdown, And cry for eternity. Most songs are entertaining by Dragonforce, but I would not buy this CD again if something were to happen to it. That wouldn't be worth it to me.

Silas S Thompso
    colm c : their even faster live! they're ****in maniacs! Herman Li Greatest Guitarist EVER! No, he has no soul in his music. It's too technical and harmonized that it has no personality. The only way you know it is him is it is fast and sounds cheap. Player like marty Friedman Rhandy Rhoads. played fast and from their hearts.