Astronomy review by Dragonland

• Released: Nov 13, 2006
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Dragonland: Astronomy

This album is a symphonic metal masterpiece, the first time I had a listen it totally blew me away, Dragonland are not all that well know but if your are not familiar with them I could not recommend them more. Throughout the album Dragonland have shown more and more creativity, there albums just get better and better. The solos in the album also have a very unique sound and I would say Olof Mrck (the lead guitarist) is one of the greatest inspirations to me when writing solos. I can't wait until there new album is released "the return" and I have high hopes for it, according to the band it will be released some time this year (2011) the band has recently resigned so hopefully the new album is well on the way. (Personally my favourite track is Cassiopeia) this album features part VI of the book of shadows which leads on from there previous album Starfall, Dragonland sometimes will tell a story though there music and the this can be seen from the old house on the hill tracks.

Dragonland have used some screamo bits in this album which I rather like but I personally would not like it if the regularly started using that in all there songs, I believe it has most Impacted when only used on occasions like on this album, this is because Jonas Heidgert has an amazing voice and sceamo bits can damage the voice.

Epic would describe this album in one word, if you like this album I would also reccomend Fairyland, Dragonforce and Rhapsody of Fire. If this album was lost I would without question buy it again but I would never lose it because I like it to much and usally have on my CD rack next my bed. If it was stolen I would hunt done the f**ker who took it and take it back.

stevenrock
    EpiExplorer wrote: Where have I heard Olof Morck from...
    he also plays guitar in the band Nightrage