Black Wings Of Destiny review by Dragonlord

• Released: Oct 25, 2005
Dragonlord: Black Wings Of Destiny

The band is a collaboration of Eric Peterson of Testament and Steve Smith of Nevermore, but they collide in a black metal massacre. With Eric peterson on vocals, he tries his best to belt out a Shgrath like roar and does pretty well, as well he fills in with some clean vocals to complete the diverse circle that is Dragonlord. The guitar is very promininent and the drumming is immaculate, along with some very rock-like songs (I belive they may be covers), I belive dragonlord has a little something for everyone.

The lyrics are well written and well sung, I think the singing adds to the overall song writing. I have yet to fully delve into the lyrics but I can tell you there was never a moment where I had to rewind and say "what the f--k did he just say?" and I'm sure Peterson was trying to make an album that was mostly about his ans smith's guitar skills.

I have yet to hear anything else from these guys, but as soon as I do it'll be here. Probably my favourite songs are the opening 2 tracks, they give you no heads up before it breaks into a black metal assault. I love the diversity of this album, and I love that hardly anyone has ever heard of Dragonlord and that makes for some good listening. If you're a fan of Testament and Nevermore, they are nothing like Dragonlord, so five them a listen. I didn't like the clean vocals in some parts, they just seemed a little out of place. Now if someone stole this CD from me or I lost it, I would be pretty pissed, and I would try pretty damn hard to find it again, but the thing cost me like $35 so I wont rush out to buy it again until I had a little more money.

KVX10 KING V
    Very good review, i'd say. These guys are exceptionally good artists. I love how they incorporate the whole black metal scene into the death metal tone, and the melodic keying in some parts is spectacular, yet evil (Sins Of Allegiance). Yes, they are not a well known band, but they kick much ass. Definitaley check these guys out if you are an intense metalhead. \m/