It's Only Time review by Drake Bell

• Released: Dec 5, 2006
Drake Bell: It's Only Time

Whenever Drake Bell writes a song, it always sounds very unique, made and mixed to exellence. His guitar and piano skills are quite hard core, and the mixing of his songs sound great. Of all his songs, none of them have no story. "Makes Me Happy", "Found A Way", "I Know", and "Up Periscope" and all the rest have a story in it, a experience he faced and came out all right. Usually, however, the record company really mixes the songs out, and they sound less made for rock/pop, more funk and jazzy pop. This brings down the rock fans.

Drake Bell's lyrics are great, they fit with the songs, they go with the beats and they definently please the fans. Drake has awesome tone with the 2 things he does great at, singing and playing the guitar. He seals all of the music with some smooth lyrics that seem to weave in and out of the music, sometimes throwing out a sentence or phrase that links to our own lives, which is awesome for artists, because the music links up the listeners to the song. He has a great voice, but he should think about changing his style of music to something hard core and more rock then that funk/jazz/and pop mix.

Drake Bell can really compare to other great artists, but he might not come to the top and stay for a time. His music sometimes in peoples ears can't keep the listener in forever, they would get tired of the continous songs about relationships, heart breaks, sex, and finding ways in our lives. If you listen to all of his songs, they all have 1 or 2 of these topics in them. I really love the fact he can dazzle people with great music, but I don't like the fact the whole thing goes away and you get bored of it. If it was stolen or lost, I'd consider getting a new one, but mostly I wont, just get another artist's album to sing and dance to.

patrickdenneyto
    dude, so he's in a kids show, big deal. hes a good musician and he makes songs that make people happy. and thats what the world needs, happiness. So if you're bashing drake then you're bashing some peoples happiness. so cut it out
    johnmaalouf
    patrick how many joints have you smoked today? haha. not that you're wrong though. personally, i sort of like some of bell's stuff.
    SylvaShredder
    i thought he was faking on the show.. lol hmm.. i must check this out, although it should prove unappetizing
    NAAMA
    DRAKE HE'S A GREAT SINGER, AND IM WRITING IT FROM ISREAL...AND IM NOT SOME KID, IM 15 YEARS OLD... I DONT KNOW...I JUST LIKE HIS SONGS... YA..THERES PEUPLE THAT DONT LIKE HIS MUSIC..SO WHAT?! EVERBODY LIKE SOME KINDS OF MUSIC AND ARTIST...I DONT ANDERSTAND WHAT'S THE PROBLEM...IF YOU DONT LIKE HIM THEN KEEP HEAR THE MUSIC YOU LIKE AND THATS IT!...
    BluesGuitar23
    people usually think hes a rock star pretty boy, and he pretty much is. but he can sing good.
    kateken
    drake bell is pretty awesome. you have to admit his songs including the lyrics and guitar and piano are great. i saw him in concert and he is just so real. i love this CD.
    bolbi6
    i live in the u.s. but still he's not a real big singer over here when he was at herchey park he was outside not indoors and he's a great musician unlike heavy medal and other stuff
    A.U.S.T.I.N.
    ha, dude, i like drake but he is NOT better than screamo. "bolbi6" what do you define heavy metal as. i realize that drake is good at guitar, but have you ever heard Paul Waggoner from Between The Buried And Me, that's death metal and he makes Drake look like the naked brothers band.
    urinsan3
    First off. Don't compare Drake Bell to screamo lol, they're 2 completely different types of music. Anyways. To those of you who are talking crap about him, how many of you can say you were given private lessons by the lead singer of The who's ? Yeah. None. If you don't like the music, don't talk about it.
    Oxalis
    Drake bell's music is totally not heavy metal and he's more known from his little tv show.