It's Only Time review by Drake Bell

• Released: Dec 5, 2006
Drake Bell: It's Only Time

The sound of most songs on It's Only Time is somewhat different to the sound that probably have developed an interest in Drake Bell. It contains lighter music than what would have developed your interest, and it is a lot less rocky and more like a pop album. I found this relatively dissapointing. There is a significant use of piano (which is not objected in itself) that with the rest of the music end up with an overtextured sound or just simple pop-rock. This is Drake Bell's 2nd album but his first one was released independently, containing his heavier music.

The lyrics on some songs are very creative and inspirational but in most of the songs they are very clich. When readig the lyrics I happened to realize that Drake Bell has a habit of embedding his song names into virtually every song. The compliance of the music and the lyrics is pretty good, actually, and has been intellectually done. I don't think that there are any occasions where there is not good compliance with lyrics and music, which probably the main factor that makes the album what it is. Regarding singer skills, Drake Bell keeps control of the notes, but never really seems to excercise his singing ability to the full, and I think that if he did, the album could be much better.

I think I could compare this album to a blend of Lenny Kravitz and Hoosiers kind of sound, but easily a bit worse than these. The most impressive songs from the album have to be Found A Way (track no.5), Makes Me Happy (track no.6), and Fool The World (track no.7) because these are the most creative songs and are more rapid and upbeat than the others on the album. The thing I love most about it is the bonus DVD that contains two guitar lessons, photoshoot outtakes, and acoustic performance and the offiacial I know video. The thing I hate most about it is that the sound was very dissapointing because I was hoping for a more rocky-sounding cd. When I started to listen to the album I became dissapointed and thoiught that it was not worth what I paid for it. It may not be so dissapointing to others who purchase this cd, but if I lost my cd, I might buy it again, but only if it was cheaper.