Telegraph review by Drake Bell

• Released: Aug 23, 2005
Drake Bell: Telegraph

Drake Bell's debut album is such a breath of fresh air... Yes he is from tv and played in a very succesful teen comedy show but this is the normal debut from a teen actor. Bell and his writting partner Michael Corcora has produced what I believe to be one of the greatest debut albums ever. The sound isn't your normal teen "I love you" throw away songs that normally come with actors/music artists. The songs are deep and meaningful. Bell & Corcoran songs are heavy influenced by The Beatles, Beach Boys & Jellyfish, but this album is pure rock n roll at its best.

Lyricly this album is very deep (but not in a way that you can't enjoy the music), you really have to listen to the songs to understand the true meanings. Styles of the songs are pure rock for example "Don't Preach" is just rock at its best but they are mixed with slower songs such as "Telegraph" which pefectly ends the album with Bell and just the piano. Lyricly and musicly it is amazing and when you hear it it's hard to believe he was only 16 when he wrote these songs. Bell has shown himself as a great musician and singer on his debut album.

Personally its in my top 10 of all time greatest albums. The most impressive songs on the album are "Somehow" which has a deep hidden meaning and goes from an acoustic song to totally rocking out and the outro is an amazing jazzy piano. In The End is another impressive song, "Don't Preach" total rocks out and the end track "Telegraph" is one of the finest piano/singer tracks I've heard. I also love "The BackHouse" which is a reference to the studio the album was produced in plus Micheal Corcoran's stagename is "BackHouse Mike", it is a very short track which many reviewers have dismissed but its a fun track and very cool. I love everything about this album. From the "Intro" which is very cool until "Telegraph" at the end. If it was to be stolen/lost I would 100% buy it again, I couldn't live without this album.