Images and Words review by Dream Theater

• Released: Jun 24, 2009
Dream Theater: Images and Words

Dream Theater's sound is always great, but this ahas a particular feel to it, that I love. The playing is more subtle then in Dream Theater's other albums, but it's still amazing. Songs like "Another Day" are great all acrossed the board. Every aspect of the song is nothing short of incredible. When I first got the ablum, I listened to the first track "Pull Me Under" 4 times in a row, before moving onto track 2. "Pull Me Under" was such an amazing song, that I thought the album couldn't have anything better. But when I listened to the second track "Anthoer Day" I was blown away. It was so different from the first song. But, even more suprising, it was better then "Pull Me Under." As I continued listening, I found that every song on this album was great. Among my favorites are "Another Day," "Wait For Sleep," "Pull Me Under," and "Learning To Live." This album has something for everyone, from the subtle sounds of "Wait For Sleep" and "Another Day," to up in your face progressive metal sound of "Pull Me Under" to the sweeping, epic sound of "Learning To Live" and "Metropolis Pt. 1." This is the quintessential Dream Theater album. Everything about how all the instruments fit together is perfect. And James LaBries vocals are truly great.

The lyrics are truly amazing. The standouts are "Learning To Live," "Another Day," and "Wait For Sleep," but every song on the album is very well written. There's deffinately no disapointments in the lyrics department.

Overall, this is probably my favorite album of all time. Every track on this album is amazing. Dream Theater have such a perfected technique. Everything from the solos, to the lyrics, to the tone of the instruments is spot on. Anyone, whether they're are a Dream Theater fan or not, can find something on this album that they like. It's truly a great CD from any perspective. If you've never heard it before, then I strongly suggest that you go to the local music store and pick up this album.

Cresspo
    Pull me under is, of course, a great song...their only ''hit'' in that time....funny to hear they ever had one, anyway: totally different from Another Day allright. Still like Another Day, really nice song, sensitive and sweet. Take The Time just rocks, sounds good and the solo is funny I agree: great album, Metropolis PT.1 was funny for me cuz the first time I heard it was right after I heard Scenes from a Memory which is all based on Metropolis pt 1, kinda funny
    Canfudil666
    men I love evethyng about dream, I saw them in concert, and the song Pull Me Under is a very great song
    shadowsofbodom
    damn, i love dream theater, pull me under has got to be one of their best, and under a glass moon is f***in sweet too
    Josué
    Wow, only two reviews and four comments on this;- perhaps one of the greatest things many of us will ever hear.
    ali Bear
    shit album!!!!! shit hot that is..... every song a master piece, but does anybody get the last two songs there both part of the same song as far as i can see but they are two seperate tracks!!!!!1 whyy is that, because i woulod really like to know ]
    Rocker3829
    This album is the only DT album as much as I love their music that I like every single song. Their isn't one bad or even average song on here, definitely one of the best albums of alltime