Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory review by Dream Theater

• Released: Oct 26, 1999
Dream Theater: Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory

One of the best dream theater albums, it's the most progressive album because is like an opera, about a murder. This progressive metal band was influenced by bands like Yes, Marillion, Rush, Pink Floyd between others, and of course Metallica. But they take ideas from other groups that made good music recently for example, Home has influences from Alice in Chains. But this group don't copy ideas, only get influences and mix them with it's original music. Dream Theater has one of the best guitarist of the world (petrucci), one of the best drummers of the world (portnoy), one of the best pianists of the world and one of the best bassist of the world. It says the skills that Dream Theater has, but not only they show skills, they made music, from the simple things that a kid can play, to the most complicated things. Songs like Strange Deja Vu and Fatal Tragedy are Master Pieces.

Good lyrics write by Labrie and Portnoy. Very good history, It's a shame that Victoria (the murdered girl) wasn't pretty, jejej. But the lyrics with the music are a masterpiece. The Labrie voice is wooow, the voice sound a little like a Freddy mercury, other great singer. He sings very well.

Is one of my favorite albums. There aren't other bands like Dream Theater. All the first part of the song are incredible (Regression, Overture, Strange deja vu, Fatal Tragedy, Throw her eyes, Home), The other part of the album it's more experimental (the dancing of the eternity) and other songs are quietly, and one last time it's like a summary of the album. I love all, and I hate nothing. I it were stolen I feel proud of the person that stole me because he will have the opportunity to know this album.