Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory review by Dream Theater

• Released: Oct 26, 1999
Dream Theater: Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory

The sound is amazing. Much better than previous Dream Theater. A lot more progressive than usual. Jordan Ruddess is easily one of the best keyboardists/pianists out there. John Petrucci is still an amazing guitarist. John Myung has excellent bass lines and the most impressive non-slap bass solo on "Dance Of Eternity." Mike Portnoy is still the drumming monster everyone loved before this album. James LaBrie's voice gets better as time progresses.

The story behind the lyrics are amazing. Very complex, which tends to confuse people into thinking they don't make sense or they're bad. Those people are just confused. I've seen forum sites with entire topics devoted to trying to come up with one definate explanation for the story. The basics are in the songs, just the details are what's debated over.

It's up there with their best. It's indefinate because it is Dream Theater. All of their material is some of the most talented, original, and amazing music for man to witness the creation of. If it were stolen, I'd probably beat the guy up who stole it if I knew who did it. If I couldn't find it, I'd just re-burn it, since I never take the original anywhere and have it saved to my computer. I just burn copies to take with me on trips or when I go places like work or school. My favorite song would be "Dance Of Eternity."