Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence review by Dream Theater

• Released: Jan 29, 2002
Dream Theater: Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence

Dream Theatre has always been the guys to do the long 20 minute songs and such. That what me, and probably many other people think when someone say" Dream Theatre". This applies well on this album because the 42 minute Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence is on this album, obviously. In my opinion, this is the group's best album. It has 3 of my favourite Dream Theatre songs on it. "Misunderstood", "The Glass Prison", and "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence". If you have never heard Dream Theatre, they are a progressive/Metal band, With Guitarist John Petrucci, Bassist John Myung, Singer James Labrie, Keyboardist Jordan Rudess and Drummer Mike Portnoy.

James Labrie is one of the best singers I've ever heard. His voice really works well with metal. But he is also a skilled singer when singing in a quiet voice( for the quiet, clean parts of songs). Even though he damaged his vocals in 94' his voice is still good, and is better adapted to the metal songs more now.

If I lost this album or I was stolen, then I wouldn't bother to get another because I ripped it to my computer, lol. But if I didn't have it ripped onto here, then I'd defiantly purchase it again. And if your thinking of buying this album (which I strongly recommend) then be prepared to wait 2-4 weeks for the album to ship. I went to the local record store, they didn't have it, and so they shipped it in. But it was a burtal price to pay. This is DT's most expensive album. Cost 40$ after taxes...

starfire666
    this is the record when the things started to go downhill with Dream Theater - they began to sound boring
    K!d_MeTaL
    I'm reletively new to DT but their already my favorite metal band next to Iced Earth