Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence review by Dream Theater

• Released: Jan 29, 2002
Dream Theater: Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence

This album is one of my favorites and the sound that Dream Theater produces here is phenomenal! It enfuses different styles of music to create a strong, intense, and moving sound. This album balances cool synth leads and rythms with heavy guitar riffs and anything in between. Technically speaking there are some really cool breakdowns in a lot of the songs, especially notable at the end of About To Crash Reprise. Dream Theater is known to have sweet, and sometimes fast instrumental medleys and this album is no exception, Dream Theater always makes time in their songs to go crazy! All in all this album was way up there when it comes down to the sound of the music!

As always Dream Theaters lyrics are astounding, and James Labrie's voice is so awesome that you can't not love it! With this album the first track, The Glass Prison, is about rehab from alcoholism dealing with the first three steps of the AA program. That theme is continued in later albums. A lot of the lyrics are very thought provoking. In the song The Great Debate, the band brings up quotes from the different sides and views on stem cell research and creates an ongoing "debate" throughout the song. This is why I love DT, they are highly talented but they also have that creativity that a lot of other bands lack. Lyrics for this album=awesome!

Like I said earlier this is one of my favorite DT albums. I think the main reason is because it is so easy to get into and really dig the music. It flows well and is full of surprises! The songs that really stick out to me are Blind Faith, the Great Debate, and About to Crash Reprise. Not to say that the other tracks are not as good no, the trakcs I picked are the ones that I think are the most inventive out of the album. Ths album you need to have, now! It is definitely one of Dream Theater's finest!

Heminator89
    Answer Lies Within is in Octavarium
    Harry_66
    whitenoise1313 wrote: The Glass Prison and Blind Faith are reason enough to buy this album, but the rest of it is amazing as well. (I also enjoyed The Answer Lies Within) Answer Lies Within is in Octavarium
    read all the comments dude... Six degrees rules!!
    maximumrocker
    06. The Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence - love the title, the song itself is a bit of a letdown. The Overture is ok, About to Crash isn't really good, The War Inside My Head is a great, war-bashing hard song, The Test that Stumped Them All is great Pantera-esque metal, Goodnight Kiss is boring, Solitary Shell is brilliant, and the Finale is ok. Overall, it's an upsen downs sort of song. But it's DT, so it's brilliant.
    WHAT?!?! If you saw the revisit of melodic motifs, chord prog. etc etc. you wouldn't see has boring. I personally love 6DOIT one of the most thought out tracks every to be created in the metal genre. Its literally a symphony from DT. Great album. And a must have for everyone