Systematic Chaos review by Dream Theater

• Released: Jun 5, 2007
Dream Theater: Systematic Chaos

I love how Dream Theater choose between a variety of sounds and genres on this album. It's full of life, songs to make you feel chilled and then some tracks where you just want to jump about. It's really good to see that Dream Theater can still produce such good quality music. However some tracks are sounding like older songs which makes me wonder whether they're still as good as they were.

The impression I got of these lyrics was that LaBrie hadn't really put a lot of effort into coming up with them. It seems all too boring to be honest, and it's something I've never said about Dream Theater before. However I must admit that the way LaBrie sings on this latest creation are far superior than to say, Train Of Thought or even Scenes From A Memory.

The album as a whole was incredible. The best songs on it by far are The Dark Eternal Night, In The Presence Of Enemies Pt. 1: I. Prelude / II. Resurrection and Prophets Of War. However there are much better albums to buy than this. Albums I'd suggest if you're looking for a good Dream Theater album to buy would be Train Of Thought or my favourite, Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence. I don't like how each song seems to have one point where it sounds like another song off of the album, it was a bit of a disappointment. I wouldn't recommend this album if you're new to Dream Theater.

xCoilx
    GiG-DaDDy wrote: Look men, i mean boys..., I know its hard to accept something profound to adolescence, thats acceptable, but really, you have to be a REAL musician or audiophile to appreciate such greatness that you cannot even come close to achieving... Sorry, but i just can't stand ignorant, pubescent little whiny bitches, that should have been born girls, LOL!!! This album is great & beats the anything else out that falls in such a category!!
    first off,im a girl and thats very sexist.Second,your prob a puny little guitarist that reads tabs off the internet and freaks out when handed an actual piece of music.People can be entitled to their opinions and i know plenty of well trained musicans that are dissapointed with this album.doesnt mean there boys. p.s.you cant tell of someones a boy from reading thier comment.therefore you fail.ha!
    miraga715
    Well, in my opinion is that you'd have to take each album individually and not be biased about the older albums. Every album so far, after SFAM, has been different albums. Of course, the usual DT style can be heard but they've been testing and experimenting styles and sounds and that's exactly what Progessive Metal means. That's why they call it Progressive . A prog band can go commercial one second and all out experimental in another. I think when fans start to pigeon-hole a prog -band in a type of style albeit a style of their own then that beats the purpose of being a prog-band in the first place. I think DT has done an incredible job at being Progressive Metal in this respective.