Train Of Thought review by Dream Theater

• Released: Nov 14, 2003
Dream Theater: Train Of Thought

The first album of DT I heard was Live scenes from a memory. That album blew me away, although it was a little bit cheesey. When I heard this album, I was once again swept away by the musical genius that is Dreamtheater. This album is much more heavy hitting than any of the other DT albums I have heard, but they don't lose any charm, they actually gain charm. 'As I am' is a great introduction to their new album and 6 more great songs enthrall you with the DT magic. In one word, Amazing.

To be honest, I don't listen to lyrics. I listen out for the music, but I can say that the vocals do go well with the music. The singer has a wide range of notes and can cut through the heavy riffs and sing along to the softer clean guitar melodies. I cannot comment on the lyrics, but the vocals are top notch.

From what I've heard of Dream Theater, this album is easily my favorite of theirs. I loved the instrumental and 'As I am' is just a brilliant kick start to the album. It is a future classic. All the instruments are played brilliantly, and some of the solos are unbelievable! I advise any fan of DT to buy the album, and I advise fans of heavy metal to buy it too! If you don't mind long songs and keyboards, this'll make your year!