Catch Without Arms review by dredg

• Released: Jun 21, 2005

The sound of this album is the most unique you will ever find. Dredg implements so many different styles it is literally impossible to place them in a genre bracket. Their musical, lyrical, and theme diversity all add together to produce a new brand of perfection. It is beyond anything I have heard.

The lead singer has a great voice, which is becoming less and less common in today's music industry. He, like Dredg's music on a whole, is extremely diverse. There has obviously been a lot of thought and experience poured into this album, and this is evident in the lyrics of the title track "That's what happens when you play catch without arms/It's what sets, sets, sets us apart." Outstanding.

This album is impossible to compare to any other. There is something in it for absolutely anyone and I think you will find that you will enjoy it the whole way through, no matter who you are. Dredg are such a lovable band. They don't receive half the recognition they deserve.

Jimpy
    Absolutly amazing band, HIGHLY underated. Theres just something beautiful about thier music, these in my opinion are honestly one of the best bands around today.
    Jimpy