The Dresden Dolls review by Dresden Dolls

• Released: Apr 27, 2004
Dresden Dolls: The Dresden Dolls

The Dresden Dolls are a unique band whose music can be described as "punk cabaret". Their music is only made of piano drums, and the strong, powerful voice of Amanda Palmer, but don't underestimate. They still have that rock and roll fury that draws you to them. In my opinion this is far off one of the best albums I have ever heard.

The lyrics are like the life confessions of Palmer (vocals) put in catchy melodies and sticatto bursts. Her lyrics and voice go well with the songs, and Brian Vigilone's (drums) drumming. Amanda's voice is uncomparable, and cannot be copied by any other. Every time I listen to their album. I can't help but be impressed.

This are the Dresden Dolls first studio album. My favorite songs are Girl Anachronism, Coin - Operated Boy, Bad Habit, and Good Day, but if I were to choose oneit would be Girl Anachronism. It's so catchy and just great. I just wish that there were a few more faster songs in the album. Besides that, it's awesome. If it were lost or stolen, I would camp in front of the cd store and buy it first thing in the morning. If you want a try a new. Taste of music buy this album! If you aren't, just buy it anyway! If you want to hear some of their music go to their website at www.dresdendolls.com.