Orchids And Ammunition Review

8.8
 8.6
review (1) 8 comments vote for this album:
Orchids And Ammunition Reviewed by: All0utR0ck, on june 04, 2007

Sound: I confess I first heard of this band through Guitar Hero which I'm not ashamed to admit. If you have heard of them before just imagine a guy that sounds fairly similar to Kurt Cobain, mix it in with some heavy, crunchy guitars, slamming bass, thunderous drums and an amazing lead guitarist and you have Drist. I was very amazed at how great this band sounds, and yet nobody knows about them which is a shame because they put a lot on the table. But maybe because few know about them is what makes them that much more special. // 9

Lyrics: To be honest the lyrics and vocals aren't going to blow you away although at times they have their moments. I personally love Tyson Yen's vocals. I'm not extremely familiar with the lyrics but from what I can hear they go very well with the music. His voice is one of those that is hard to describe and that you have to hear for yourself. // 9

Overall Impression: If you haven't heard of Drist, get on iTunes and download them or if you can find their albums anywhere (I couldn't) I highly recommend that you pick them up. If you like bands like Nonpoint, Disturbed, Shadows Fall, or The Exies you will most definitely like this band. They blend calm and clear vocals with fast paced heavy in-your-face guitar and drum-work and they do a great job. My favorite songs off of the album were The Scalpel, Decontrol, Arterial Black, Stripped (which is a Depeche Mode cover) and Cataracts, but the whole album is great. // 9

Comments