In Vogue review by Drop Dead, Gorgeous

• Released: May 2, 2006
Drop Dead, Gorgeous: In Vogue

This is a band featured on the Alternitive Press 100 bands you need to know in 2007 and they certinly an they diserve to be oneof them. This band's style in this debut record is thrash, punk metal, and screamo. The screams are bloody kind of like Spencer Chamberlin of Underoath but more wild and more urge of tragedy while the insturments have the attitude of chiodos. I fell in love with the band when my drummer downloaded Daniel, wheres the boat? But if you are going to Warped Tour this summer you may have discovered your new favorite band.

DDG has some very catchy lyrics although some of them are two sentences long. But they make it look good like "Marietta" (track 6), it's like two sentences but it a great song. The lyrics definently go with the music. And the singer, he can use throat easily. And song titles are very random and they surprise you with them.

Like I said earlier they compare to underoath and chiodos well. The most impressive song on the record are Dressed For Friend Requests, Daniel Where's The Boat, Fashion Your Seatbelts, In Vogue, and, The Show Must Go On. What I like about is that all the songs are under 4 minutes and there's nothing I don't likeon it. Well, I downloaded the record so I might just go buy it and if it got stolen I'd beat the crap out of whiever stole it. And if it ever got lost, I'd set up a search party as if I lost my dog.

soldyoursoul
    I really like this album. It's way catchy, the screaming is FIERCE, the drums are great, and the piano is awesome. I listen to it all the time. However, I have to disagree with both of your reviews. There are way too many problems with this album: *Lyrics - very, VERY cliche, horrible lyrics. "You're smiling on the outside, we're dying on the inside", I mean, they're just awful. *Guitar/Bass - very predictable, catchy, yes, but the riffs are simple and generic. *Vocals - clear vocals are sometimes very annoying. Aaron the keyboardist has amazing vocals, but his are rarely used. He should sing 24/7 while Danny does screaming, that's used in knife vs. face and The show must go on, and it's a very successful combination. Too bad in Worse than a fairy tale, they do exactly the opposite of what I would have wanted. There's less screaming, and way more of Danny's horrible vocals.
    Schizopathic
    i love this album. I first heard them on the Metal=Life 2 compilation I picked up from Hot Topic, and I thought Dressed For Friend's request was an awesome song, so i picked up the CD, and the whole thing was equally kick-ass. I think the funniest song title would have to be "Girl, Are you on your..."
    The Spoon
    This album isnt that great. Worse than a fairytale is much better, even though it has not alot of screaming
    danielitri-182
    this is one of the best albums ive ever heard, the vocals are so empowering and bloody the keys also give drop dead their own sound best song by far is Knife vs face round 1
    TrashWhite731
    i hate it when people come on here and trahs bands that they don't like...but this was one case that it had to be done. these guys are terrible. they're nothing but generic breakdown after breakdown. and why everyone is obssesed with them is beyond me.