In Vogue review by Drop Dead, Gorgeous

• Released: May 2, 2006
Drop Dead, Gorgeous: In Vogue

When I first listened to DDG, I really didn't know what to think. I had never heard a sound like theirs. I can only describe it as post-hardcore meets add. With songs that last 1:30sec to 2:30sec this band doesn't leave much to become bored with, but within the songs, there are enough changes to grab your attention. This band is well worth the time invested in discovering them. This bands vocals are severely simple, yet bluntly complex. With a scream like no other, DDG just happens to be one of my favorite bands to date. They are truely unique.

The lyrics contained in each song fits the music to a tee. They're also simple, yet they mean so much. "Let's light the stage on fire, Hollywood would be jealous" may be the first line to catch my attention, but every song holds a surprise to listeners. The vocals are completely and utterly amazing. Like Pierce The Veil meets Lamb Of God, meets Trivium, the vocals have the element of harmony, with a high-pitched, yet goosebump-raising growl that is sure to tickle your fancy.

"Fashion Your Seatbelt" because this album is a ride like no other. With bone-crushing breakdowns, high-pitched growls, and guitar work that makes sharp notes sound like a commodity, DDG has captured my attention, and still wont let go. I love the harmonies that aren't expected of such type of vocals, and I'm not sure that there's anything I don't like. DDG has made the piano a "hardcore" insturment. Their amazing playing style knows no bounds, and I reccomend this CD for anyone who likes Pierce the Veil, TDWP, KillWhitneyDead, or any other fast, action filled post-hardcore band.