Sing Loud, Sing Proud! review by Dropkick Murphys

• Released: Feb 6, 2001
Dropkick Murphys: Sing Loud, Sing Proud!

The music is a neat combination of punk, irish folk and oi that only the Dropkick Murphys can produce. Now I'm not a huge punk fan, I'm more into pop-punk and emo but this CD really blew me away. It must be the energy these guys put out. Every song is full of it. Most of the songs just have drums, bass, guitar, and vocals but they also have a tin whistle/mandolin player and a bagpiper Spicy Mc Haggis (who has now left the band and they got a new guy, but there is a cool song on SLSP about Spicy). All in all great music.

The lyrics aren't as good as Blackout which deals alot with famine and trying to survive in a new county, but they are still okay. Probably the best lyrical song is "Forever" or "the Torch". There singer isn't all that bad for an Irishman. He's better than their old singer in my opinion. Still not the best though.

Overall it's a decent CD. Definitely worth buying if you are into the Bouncing Souls or Flogging Molly. And ever if you don't like that stuff, it's still good. The best songs on the CD are "the Gauntlet", "Caps and Bottles", and "Which side Are You On?" I think it's worth buying.