Sing Loud, Sing Proud! review by Dropkick Murphys

• Released: Feb 6, 2001
Dropkick Murphys: Sing Loud, Sing Proud!

First time I heard the Dropkick Murphy's I almost jumped out a window, the music's that energenic. Sing Loud Sing Proud is a great album which combines everything that made punk fun and mixes it with good old rock 'n' roll. I love the fact that they really have on Sing Loud Sing Proud kept their irish rock sound with the same old fun rythem. All of the songs on the album have some form of a story invovled, my personal favorite is Hero's Of Our Past, it's absolutetly the crazyiest song on the album but easily a classic from DM. For gosh sakes there's even a frickin bag pipe solo in it, how awesome.

As I said above, every song really has some story behind it, the lyrics really are fantastic though. Spicy Mchagis is easily one of the best lyrical one's on the album. The chorus is sort of hard to hear but you really don't need to because the song is too fun to give a crap. Hero's Of Our Past has some good lyrics same with Stand Up And Fight.

There is no comparison to the Dropkick Murphy's. Their in a category of their own, they really are the best punk band out there. They don't care about fame or glory just music and having a great time. You can tell when they made Sing Loud Sing Proud they are very passionate at what they do, very powerfull. The irish influence only makes this album that much better. Many people try to compare the Murphy's to Flogging Molly but truthfully the Murphy's are much more of an Irish Punk band then Molly. Anyway I suggest this album to anyone looking for some good old fashion punk rock.