The Meanest Of Times review by Dropkick Murphys

• Released: Sep 18, 2007
Dropkick Murphys: The Meanest Of Times

The Dropkick Murphys have been around since '96 and this is their latest album. When I first listened to it I was pretty much blown away (this was one of the first of their albums I've listened to) by the 3rd song the CD The State of Massachusetts which is about drugs and the effects it has on families. What was unique about it was that one of the lead insruments was a banjo! Not what I expected from an Irish Punk band, but it sounded GOOD (plus I hate bluegrass which has banjos in it), fast and not at all what I expected it to sound like in music.

Their lyrics were just as good if not better than their previous albums and it fits real well with the style of music played throughout the album. The vocals in this album were very good and on the song F'lannigan's Ball they had a guest singer from The Pogues which fit in perfectly.

The Dropkick Murphys definitely are in my Top Five favorites (and I listen to a lot of music) and have a unique style range on this CD from softer songs such as Forever 2007 to heavy punk songs such as Flannigans Ball and State of Massachusetts. If this CD was lost or stolen I would definitely buy at least one more copy (incase it was lost or stolen again) and that is saying a lot 'cause I am a very cheap person!

Karmekarten
    Awsome album! My fav 2 songs are "I'll begin again" and "thick skin of defiance" even though they are some of the lesser known songs.. I wish someone would tab them.. maybe I will.. idk