Desensitized review by Drowning Pool

• Released: Apr 20, 2004
Drowning Pool: Desensitized

Drowning Pool have taken a more melodic approach towards their new record. Their new songs combine fantastic solos with heavy bass lines and hard drum beats; I particulary like the intro to 'Nothingness' being a drummer myself. However, there are still the heavy fast anthems which are pure Drowning Pool. Tracks like 'Hate' 'Step Up' and 'Cast Me Aside' keep up the adrenaline on the record. Tracks like 'Love and War' and 'This Life' show the more melodic side of Drowning Pool and it shows a variety of different musical techniques compared to the old record. Jason Jones voice fits very nicely into the music; whether he is yelling his head off or providing a melodic tune.

Jason Jones obviously has been through differnt experiences than Dave so therefore has differnt idea's lyrically. 'Love and War' explains how troops have to leave their families whereas 'Step Up' tells no-one to mess with you. Overall, A nice variety of lyrics throughout the record.

Overall, This CD is an effective comeback for Drowning Pool. It shows off more musical talent than 'Sinner' and combines different sounding songs more. Drowning Pool made the right choice when they picked Jason as he has a very strong and flexible voice. Every track on the album is brilliant but my particular favourites are 'Love and War' and 'Cast Me Aside'. I would recommend this to anyone that likes nu-metal. R.I.P Dave!