Sinner review by Drowning Pool

• Released: Feb 4, 2002
Drowning Pool: Sinner

To me, Drowning Pool are basically nothing without their original singer. It is this album alone that has caught my attention, where as desensitized turned me away from such a promising band. The sound on this CD is like a brutal kick in the balls. C.J. is a hell of a guitar player, one of my favorites. Stevie and Mike hold really well together, some times in sync with each other. The CD does follow the nu metal mold a little with the synths, but turns away from it with a quite melodic vocal delivery from Dave Williams, who was one of the great vocalists that died way to early.

Lyrically speaking, it sounds like Dave has suffered a hell of a lot. Most of the songs he sings with such a dark and depressed sound that is reminiscent of debut-era Jonathan Davis. Every song is has, in some way or another, a story of one of Dave's struggles. It is quite awesome, and he does vary it, so it doesn't get boring.

Like I said before, after Dave died, DP just stopped appealing to me. The band has great musicianship, but noone can capture what dave had. I'm probably gonna get flamed for being so deadset on one singer, but that's how I feel. I am is about the only song that I've ever skipped, it isn't bad though. The entire album is a good listen all the way through. One of my favorite points on the album is the bass intro on "Mute." it's so awesome. If it were stolen or lost, I'd murder the person that did it while playing it.

Killerlicks66
    man bodies has to be one of the greatest metal songs of this era, if this dont pump u up nothin will!
    Gibson_SG_uzr55
    Not as good as Desensitized, but Bodies is one of the great metal songs, the best one by Drowning Pool.
    .:!j.man!:.
    I would give this a 9/10. Purely because it dosent cover as many areas as desensitized. If the "Full Circle" album is a mixture of the two it may just be there best yet.