Daath review by Dååth

• Released: Oct 26, 2010
Dååth: Daath

Daath's new self titled album is a step forward from their last. This progressive/grove metal band has created a more heavy and technical album which will please any progressive and groove metal fans. With Kevin Talley (ex Dying Fetus, ex Misery Index) on drums, the drumming is great and a step up from the previous album. Emil Wrestler still has his jazzy gypsy solos which add a nice element to Daath.

Being a guitar player, I tend to listen to the instruments more than the vocalist. The vocalist Sean Zatorsky has a vocal style that ranges from high to low and compliments the album nicely. The lyrics range from anything from death, sickness to politics and add nicely to the arrangement of instruments.

This album is a step up from their previous albums in terms of technicality and heaviness. Incestuous Amplification is a great song to start off the album with it's heaviness and groovy solos. Arch Misanthrope is a great song off the album because of it's experimental qualities and unique lengthy jazzy solo. A Cold Devotion is also great with its technicality and excellent solo. Terminal Now is also really experimental and eerie sounding. Daath previous two albums had songs that were bland generic and boring but they seemed to dodge that this time by creating a wonderful album filled with experimental progressive riffs.

xicetraex
    Oh, by the way, Incestuous Amplification is the last song off of The Concealers .. it's not on this album at all .
    Hessian_Peel
    I thought that The Concealers was a great improvement on The Hinderers, which only had a couple of good songs on it. This album though, isn't quite as easily accesable due to a shift of focus from catchy riffs onto more technical aspects. This isn't a bad thing, it just means the songs take a little longer to get stuck into your head. I'm liking it, but only time will tell as to whether it stands up to The Concealers in my mind or not. And btw...Kevin Talley has been in the band since just before The Hinderers was released
    shyftee
    this review is terrible. no detail about the guitars? dude, Daath IS GUITAR! there are so many riffs, transitions, solos... i've listened to this album 8 or 9 times and i'm still picking apart different sections and finding layer after layer of real music. a must buy for anyone who likes guitars and heavy music.
    xicetraex
    col50 wrote: xicetraex wrote: Oh, by the way, Incestuous Amplification is the last song off of The Concealers.. it's not on this album at all. Sorry. I'd like to apologize for the mistakes I've made in the review. I had a bit too much mary jane. It still was a decent review though
    Just lettin' ya know, man. Overall, it was a decent review, so don't worry.
    Emmanuel200
    Gary.Blizzard wrote: afdsa435lkjspam Can someone get this shit out of here.
    Agreed. I hope the spammer DIES. :|
    Dextermaniac
    I love Daath, the Concealers took me a little while to adjust to, but after a few listens I also fell in love with that CD. I'm sure this album will do the same to me. Go Daath, go!
    col50
    im not mental wrote: i really liked the hinderers, but not the concealers... how does this album stack up to those?
    This album is way better. More technicality, progressiveness and experimentality
    im not mental
    EpiExplorer
    A review unworthy of DAAAAATH. Lulz, jokin. Somewhat better than the Concealers at the moment, and somewhat more melodic but also really really effing heavy.
    Hessian_Peel
    will definately be checking this album out. The Concealers was a wicked album, miles better than The Hinderers, so hoping this is a step forward in similar fashion
    col50
    xicetraex
    Oh shit.. didn't know they had a new album. And new vocalist? Count me in.
    Andragon
    henkka_potku wrote: I thought the band was called DTH.
    I agree, but it's much more accessible (searchable) when it doesn't have special characters. Many people will type "daath" when they're looking for the band. There are ways around it, but this is the easy one. Anyway, DTH kicks ass.
    prepostrophy
    Emil is the man!!!! I love this album is is definately better than The Concealers. I also think The Hinderers is a great ablum. It's not as heavy but its quite groovy. These guys' sound has evolved. I think the biggest reason for this is their new vocalist. His style favors more heavier music. And it seems that Emil is even getting better, experimenting new styles and tricks. He's such a great player he is the reason i that i have a jamplay.com membership. If you love Emil get The Hinderers!
    blokey
    I read the Incestuous Amplification bit and thought... That's not on the album, looked up at my itunes, saw it there at the top of the album daath in my play list and forgot about it until I read the comments! Great album, saw em live: amazing! Good job Daath