Please Come Home review by Dustin Kensrue

• Released: Jan 23, 2007
Dustin Kensrue: Please Come Home

This is Dustins first solo album straying far from anything that thrice has ever done. This is an all acoustic album with styles ranging from acoustic rock to folk and country (don't worry dustin makes it a lot cooler then it sounds). No two songs sound alike on this album it is verry diverse. Dustin even brings back the harmonica, witha avengance lol. Also something really cool is teppei (thrice guitarist) plays the organ on the song blanket of ghosts. The sound of this album is just incredable so I'm giving it a 10.

The lyrics are where dustin has always shined and this album proves that. I don't think I have ever heard better lyrics, from the start to end this album is just amazing. lines like"I have ate your perfect body, I have drank your blessed blood" from the religious I BELEIVE show how differnt his writing style is. The music matches the lyrics perfectly and Dustin is an amazing singer. 10 for this category.

This album doesn't compare to any other album I've ever heard cause it's so dirrernt. My favorit songs are all of them it's impossible for me to choose one. I love everything about this album, there was one thing that I hated at firs and that is that there is only 8 songs but after awhile I realized this was a good thing cause I got into each song and can listen to the whole album and it's all killer and no filler. I've been brought up as a fighter so I would love to see someone try to steal this album they will find themselves lying in dich somewhere but if I couldnt help it I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

tasch
    www.waterispoison.com for some acoustic stuff by Dustin In audio section, they have a complete bootleg of dustin under his nickname Ursus Veritas, finished with Creep
    goldenphoenix1
    beautiful. i listen to this in study in the car with my parents glad to see that some real music will emerge out of a dead post-hardcore genre (loved thrice though) Love his voice change although the fact that i've heard it on thrice, the contrast makes me feel like he's deliberately putting on an accent. Anywhoo, it's a beautiful album
    iri5h punk21
    Dustin has always been my idol ever since I got into Thrice and heard his amazing lyrics and voice. I was a bit skeptical at first when I heard about this album because my post hardcore taste didnt seem like a good mix with country and folk. But he pulled it off. 100%. I havent gotten tired of it yet!