Please Come Home review by Dustin Kensrue

• Released: Jan 23, 2007
Dustin Kensrue: Please Come Home

The sound and music is pretty general I'd say, the vocal's are more what makes it unique. But that maybe because I am not an avid listener of the folk genre. Although I found that the over all sound of the album was very enjoyable, up beat. Just a feel good album to put on and relax too.

The lyrics and vocals are really what sets this album apart from other artists and bands. Dustin writes about a quite a few topics, but I noticed rather quickly that quite a few songs were written about Dustin's wife and child. They were we'll thought out and very we'll suit the genre of music and over all feel of the album. I find Dustin to be one of the most inspiring lyricist and songwriters in a lot of the music today. I haven't heard one song so far that I didn't like the lyrics too, this album is especially no exception!

At first I wasn't sure what to expect about Dustin Kensrue's first solo album. I was and still am a big Thrice fan, but I wasn't entirely sure about the whole folk thing, so I picked up the album and I'm glad to say I was elegantly surprised, the album had we'll thought out lyrics about various things. It was quite obvious that a lot of the songs were about Dustin's wife and child. Although a lot different from Thrice, I found the folk styles quite enjoyable, nothing was extremely innovative, but too me it's just an overall good easy listening and fun folk album filled with a lot of emotion and well thought out lyrics. Some of my favorite songs on the album are; Consider The Ravens, Blanket of Ghosts, and Please Come Home. If it were lost or stolen I would definitely get it again, as it's just to me one of those albums you have to have in your collection. Definitely worth getting if your a Thrice fan, or just a fan of folk!