Feels Like Dynamite review by Dweeb

• Released: May 10, 2010
Dweeb: Feels Like Dynamite

[dweeb] are a great band, and after seeing two of their live gigs, I decided to buy one of their CD's. I actually ended up buying 2, and I managed to get them both signed, which was pretty awesome! After being together for 9 years, and setting out to only have the band together for one year, [dweeb] decided to split up in 2011. The "Feels Like Dynamite" CD features great sound, and it has all been well worked out - with effects etc. The voice on the CD is great, and so are all the instruments - drums, bass guitar, electric guitar, sometimes acoustic/acoustic-electric guitar (and then there is a small keyboard device which they used at the live performances which seems to have effects on). As well as this, the genre of the music is classed as 'Pop', but as that technically isn't a genre, I would say it is more 'Alternative'. [dweeb] is actually a Christian band, who look to God for inspiration and say He gives them hope. Overall, [dweeb] are awesome and seem so relaxed and cool with everything that goes on - as I'm typing this, I am trying to tap the keys in time with one of [dweeb]'s songs - "Playing In The Snow" - which is ironic as it has been snowing where I am today! Anyway, more to the point - they whole thing with [dweeb] is that they have some really catchy tunes and beats etc. They are a really awesome band!

The lyrics to all the songs are great, with loads of good parts throughout the whole album. Some parts in the songs are really catchy and just stick in your head! Frontman of [dweeb], Tim Alford, does awesome singing in the album and on stage - as well as playing rhythm guitar in the band. There are also - as there generally are with most bands - backing singers in most of the songs, and they have worked out what parts to do and when they do them - how high or low they sing, singing at the same time as the lead in the chorus etc - and they have done it really well.

I think that the only album you could compare this one to would have to be another [dweeb] album, and even then, you see that this particular album is better by far then the bands' other ones. In my opinion, [dweeb] cannot be compared to other artists - they have their own unique way of doing things, and don't really sound like any other band I know/have heard, except for possibly sounding a little like The Automatic with the way the music sounds (but only a little). All of the songs on the album are impressive, but some of my favourites are: "Dynamite" - The song which is linked to the name of the album (the words include the lyrics "feels like dynamite"). This is the first song on the album, and probably the one which [dweeb] are most well known for. "Silence Is Golden" - Third track on the album, another great song - a very catchy chorus. "It's OK" - The fourth track. A great song which seems to encourage people to be closer to one another, maybe as friends, or it could actually be seen as being about relationships which go deeper than that. "Playing In The Snow" - A song I mentioned earlier on. It has a great beat and lyrics which are both really catchy. I really like this song and think that loads of other people do as well. I love the whole album - one of my favourite albums. There really isn't anything I can think of that I hate or even dislike about it, apart from that some songs are really good, but others are not AS good, and are a bit worse. If it was stolen or lost, I would definitely but this album again - simply because I truly enjoy the music and the sound. As I have said before, [dweeb] is a great band and I personally hope that now, even though they have split up, everything goes great for all the guys in the band.