Stop At Nothing review by Dying Fetus

• Released: May 13, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Dying Fetus: Stop At Nothing

For "Stop At Nothing" Dying Fetus sound took a large change from their previous album "Destroy The Opposition". John Gallagher (guitar/vocals) remains the only original member and a new lineup consisting of Mike Kimball (guitar), Vince Matthews (vocals), Sean Beasley (bass) and Eric Seyanga (drums) gives fetus a new sound and different direction. "Stop At Nothing" is more of a grindcore album then their previous release but still has many elements of death metal and technical death metal.

Their lyrics continue to remain political and fit the music perfectly. Vince Matthews has a unique voice but arguably not as good as previous member Jason Netherton (who now does bass/vocals for the band Misery Index). John Gallagher vocals on this album continues to be low, brutal guttural vocals and is arguably the epitome of death metal vocals.

This album is lacking in comparison to Dying Fetus' previous release "Destroy The Opposition", taking a different approach but still leaving quality deathgrind and technical aspects of previous albums. Some great songs that stand out in this album include: "Schematics", "One Shot, One Kill", "Forced Elimination" and "Stop At Nothing". This album has an great combination of brutality and technicality however it lacks the death/grind groove of previous albums. If I lost it I would buy it again (if I could find it).

krvolok
    Too many spaces,ugly to read.Every time you hit space between sentences the UG Team makes a passage,keep that in mind.
    Their lyrics continue to remain political and fit the music perfectly.
    Now you and me might understand this but some might not so why not say what are the lyrics abut.
    col50
    Hmmm... I didn't realize they would space them out like that. They didn't do that for my last review "Misery Index - Traitors" but then again I haven't posted a review since 2008.