Desperado review by Eagles

• Released: Apr 17, 1973
Eagles: Desperado

Wow, simply wow. The vocals of EVERY single band member is amazing. Don Henley doing "Desperado" which incidentally although "Desperado" was not issued as a single, it would become one of the Eagles' best known songs, originally Linda Ronstadt had released it;

Randy Meisner's "Certain Kind of Fool" has a brilliant story line;

Bernie Leadon hits the mark with a beautiful acoustic number called "Bitter Creek" a full 5 minutes of smooth vocals and acoustic work;

Glenn Frey (R.I.P) a now classic "Tequila Sunrise" is always a good one to listen to.

The overall quality of this CD, well, apart from being over 40 years old, it still stands with the best of them.

Musically, the 4 guys play and sing beautifully together. Bernie Leadon is an extremely underrated multi-musician, be it banjo, mandolin, dobro, vocals and even the acoustic guitar, this guy rocks.

Randy's smooth base lines and vocals, Don's steady drumming and vocals and Glenn's strong rhythm and also a bloody good lead guitarist and yea, vocals, they are well blended musicians whose voices just blend.

Lyrics, music and singer skills, well, just take an open mind, sit back, put on some headphones, turn up the volume and enjoy the amazing sounds of the "Desperado" LP.

Glenn Frey – guitars, piano, electric piano, harmonica, vocals
Don Henley – drums, acoustic guitar, vocals
Bernie Leadon – guitars, mandolin, banjo, dobro, vocals
Randy Meisner – bass guitar, vocals
and with the help of Jackson Browne, J.D Souther and David Blue in the writing corner, this was always going to be a big one.

Once listened to, I feel that if you weren't an Eagles fan, you soon will be as the sounds on each LP there after just get better and better.

For an album so early in the career of the Eagles, and of one that is extremely themed, this is brilliant. My personal favorite on this album would have to be "Bitter Creek," I can just put the guitar down and relax in my chair and enjoy every part of the song, vocals as well as guitar works. If this was ever stolen from me (and it has in the past) I would most certainly buy again, then track down the perp and make them listen to someone who is tone deaf attempting to retain a guitar for at least 4 hours.