Farewell I Tour - Live From Melbourne [DVD] review by Eagles

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Eagles: Farewell I Tour - Live From Melbourne [DVD]

Like on their previous big selling DVD 'Hell Freezes Over', the Eagles are again in top form. Every note played is spot on, and their vocal harmonies are 'out of this world'. I dare to say that the Eagles are the best live band in the world today. For a great deal responsible for that is Glen Frey, who is their Musical Director. For me he is the 'Paul McCartney' in the band, because he is also the composer of beautiful melodic songs, like 'The Girl From Yesterday'. Don Henley is more the 'John Lennon', he's got a bit more bite in his songs and lyrics, for example 'Hotel California'. Although the the Eagles may not like one an other very much, they sure know how to play music together. Some people might find their performance live on stage even too clinical, because they deliver their music so precise, but I love every second of it. Since the (forced) departure of Don Felder, Joe Walsh is now the number one lead guitar player and he does a brillant job. The fact that he quit the booze, sung about by him in his song 'One Day At A Time', has done him no harm either. He is also very prominent as lead vocalist in some of his other songs, so his ranking in the group has gone up to 3rd place, behind Don Henly and Glen Frey. Don't take the title 'Farewell I Tour' to seriously, because Don Henley indicated that they have no intention of quitting touring. So I'll be eagerly wating fot their 'Farewell II Tour', and hope that they will come to The Netherlands again. The last time I missed them, because I was away on a holliday! Until then I will have to do with this fantastic DVD, and I am sure that millions of others will buy this great legacy as well!

Content — 10
It's a 2, 5 hour live concert DVD, with 30 great songs on it, 2 of them are brand new. As a bonus feature, a interview with the Eagles is included. Tracklist: 01. The Long Run 02. New Kid In Town 03. Wasted Time 04. Peaceful Easy Feeling 05. I Can't Tell You Why 06. One Of These Nights 07. One Day At A Time (new track) 08. Lyin' Eyes 09. The Boys Of Summer 10. In The City 11. Already Gone 12. Tequila Sunrise 13. Love Will Keep Us Alive 14. No More Cloudy Days (new track) 15. Hole In The World 16. Take It To The Limit 17. You Belong To The City 18. Walk Away 19. Sunset Grill 20. Life's Been Good 21. Dirty Laundry 22. Funk #49 23. Heartache Tonight 24. Life In The Fast Lane 25. Hotel California 26. Rocky Mountain Way 27. All She Wants To Do Is Dance 28. Take It Easy 29. Desperado.

Production Quality — 10
This concert film is focused on the Eagles's live performance and is very well produced. The surround sound is in high quality 5. 1 DTS or PCM Stereo. The aspect is 16x9 widescreen.

I'm sure that this DVD will be a bestseller for years to come, because of it's overall quality. Just great songs in a breathtaking live concert film. If it got lost or damaged, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one.

Goon
    I got this my Dads birthday and I love watching it just as much as him. It really keeps you interested the whole time and the Eagles sound exactly as they do on their records. Best Concert Dvd ever in terms of overall quality.