Farewell I Tour - Live From Melbourne [DVD] Review

artist: Eagles date: 02/08/2007 category: compact discs
Eagles: Farewell I Tour - Live From Melbourne [DVD]
Release Date: June 14, 2005
Their momentous 2004 farewell tour filled stadiums around the world, and this 2-DVD set captures one of the most stellar events from that now-historic global sweep.
 Content: 9.5
 Production Quality: 10
 9.7
 9.9
 9.5
 1,940
Farewell I Tour - Live From Melbourne [DVD] Reviewed by: Dairybeat, on november 21, 2005

Sound: Like on their previous big selling DVD 'Hell Freezes Over', the Eagles are again in top form. Every note played is spot on, and their vocal harmonies are 'out of this world'. I dare to say that the Eagles are the best live band in the world today. For a great deal responsible for that is Glen Frey, who is their Musical Director. For me he is the 'Paul McCartney' in the band, because he is also the composer of beautiful melodic songs, like 'The Girl From Yesterday'. Don Henley is more the 'John Lennon', he's got a bit more bite in his songs and lyrics, for example 'Hotel California'. Although the the Eagles may not like one an other very much, they sure know how to play music together. Some people might find their performance live on stage even too clinical, because they deliver their music so precise, but I love every second of it. Since the (forced) departure of Don Felder, Joe Walsh is now the number one lead guitar player and he does a brillant job. The fact that he quit the booze, sung about by him in his song 'One Day At A Time', has done him no harm either. He is also very prominent as lead vocalist in some of his other songs, so his ranking in the group has gone up to 3rd place, behind Don Henly and Glen Frey. Don't take the title 'Farewell I Tour' to seriously, because Don Henley indicated that they have no intention of quitting touring. So I'll be eagerly wating fot their 'Farewell II Tour', and hope that they will come to The Netherlands again. The last time I missed them, because I was away on a holliday! Until then I will have to do with this fantastic DVD, and I am sure that millions of others will buy this great legacy as well! // 10

Overall Impression: I'm sure that this DVD will be a bestseller for years to come, because of it's overall quality. Just great songs in a breathtaking live concert film. If it got lost or damaged, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one. // 10

Farewell I Tour - Live From Melbourne [DVD] Reviewed by: DVT, on february 08, 2007

Sound: Well the sound is great, although The Eagles are old no one can deny there great Rock Skills. Although they are mainly classified as rock, The Eagles have many styles which makes them great. The sound of the DVD reflects that with the great choice of songs, which give the great rocking hits like "Life In The Fast Lane" and "Hotel California", but also includes more Country Flavored songs like "Take It Easy" and "Tequila Sunrise", and also has more Contemporary Hits Like "I Can't Tell You Why" and "Wasted Time". No matter which a fan favors the sound of every song contributed to the amazing sound of this DVD. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this live concert is awesome, these guys are playing great for there age, most guys there age are gardening out in the suburbs, not playing three hour long concerts to sold out arenas, and the band is playing like young guys. And a set list of classic songs doesn't hurt any to them, and this Live DVD stands up to the "Hell Freezes Over" DVD released back in the '90s and the live versions of every songs are as good as the Studio versions. // 10

Comments