Hell Frezes Over [DVD] Review

artist: Eagles date: 07/12/2006 category: compact discs
Eagles: Hell Frezes Over [DVD]
Release Date: April 12, 2005
This album-matching folio features all 15 songs as performed for the live MTV reunion concert.
 Content: 6
 Production Quality: 9
 8.1
 6.8
 9.4
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Hell Frezes Over [DVD] Reviewed by: Matt Montoya, on july 12, 2006

Sound: The Eagles have made numerous sounds, with a country sound heard in "Lyin' Eyes", and a more mysterious sound with "Hotel California". The Eagles had a messy break-up, and in an interview with Don Henley, they asked if if the Eagles will ever get back together, and Henley said, "When Hell Freezes Over". And when the Eagles did get back together, it's obvious why they named the DVD, "Hell Freezes Over". Overall though, this is a average live DVD with it's high moments. // 6

Overall Impression: This DVD is an average live album, and Joe Walsh could have made this DVD far better. I feel that if the Eagles are going to play an unexpected concert, they should play more classics, and have shown Joe Walsh more respect and let him play songs like "A Life Of Illusion", "Life's Been Good" or "Rocky Mountain Way". The Eagles made this DVD somewhat of a disappointment, I don't recommend this album, however I do think that everyone should download a few tracks like "Hotel California". This DVD is really for huge Eagles fans, but for people like me, who love live albums more than studio albums, this is just average. // 6

Comments