Hotel California review by Eagles

Eagles: Hotel California

The Eagles' 'Hotel California' is very influential to my "light, classical rock tones" side of my love for music. This album has a lot of brilliant solos, and pretty catchy and sometimes harmonious riffs. The title track, "Hotel California", is a great example, and so is "New Kid In Town." Mostly softer varieties of classic rock, "Wasted Time" is one of them. This song has a short "Wasted Time (Reprise)," which is classical instruments playing the soft, melodic riffs to the actual song. A lot of balladic vocals, like on "The Last Resort", are included on the album. The music on this album really reminds me of the graceful style of classic country, which is a billion times better than modern country in my opinion. This goes for the singing too, most notably "New Kid In Town" and "Wasted Time".

Real cool singer. Has that old, classic-rock tone like he has on "Hotel California" and "Life On The Fast Lane". He sometimes reminds me of Styx's singer. The uses brilliant soft-rock singing on "Wasted Time" and on "The Last Resort". The lyrics on "Hotel California" are very interesting. Something about being prisoners in a grand hotel, captivated by creatures that are "Programmed To Recieve", who are also having their creators as prisoners also. "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"... (laughs). The lyrics are also cool on the other songs, such as the love song "Wasted Time". Also, I think the lyrics and singing on "Victim of Love" was just brilliant.

Briliant album. I got the tape, not the cd, but oh well. The best songs are: "Hotel California", "New Kid In Town", "Life On The Fast Lane", "Wasted Time", "Wasted Time (Reprise)", "Victim Of Love" and "The Last Resort". This is a great classic rock album, and is an excellent treat for people with a taste for some soft rock. Great album. If this got stolen, I'd take it back by force or just buy the CD. Great album, though. I personally think its somewhat underrated. Go buy it!

Thechich
    The Hotel California solo is amazing, though all the songs are awesome - hope you've now gone and got the CD or downloaded it!!
    TJ1991
    Hotel California - The best song ever. There's not one aspect of it thats not perfect. Haven't heard much of the album, but that one song deserves 10/10.