Long Road Out Of Eden review by Eagles

• Released: Oct 30, 2007
Eagles: Long Road Out Of Eden

I Dreamed There Was No War is a rich instrumental, implying that there should be no war. The guitar and (I believe) synth blends into each other perfectly. Long Road Out Of Eden is a 10 and a half minute frenzy, Led Zeppelin knockoff, made perfectly. Somebody is another great song. The CD is full of inspiration and fullness by the sound itself.

Not much to say. The lyrics have a lasting impression on me, and Frey and the rest of the band sounds good, but I don't find the much of the lyrical content strong. It's really good, just not great. Somebody and Fast Company (in my opinion) the lyrical strong points.

The Eagles have came a long way since their first album (I'm not a big fan of the Eagles, correct me if I am wrong), Desperado. Their music has evolved, the style has changed, and for some reason, the actual quality. Now, I've liked their music (hey, I'm 13, who can blame me) a whole lot more than before. I was on the fence to rate this a 8 or a 9. Against other bands of their genre, they are near the top of the game. This new albums shows how good they can play, and it shows. Against bands in other styles, this album holds out OK, and for a big band like them, that's fine. I always thought I Dreamed There Was No War was the best. That song is what America should hear. A national, slow, beautiful song that showcases peace in all it's glory. Long Road Out Of Eden is kind of a Stairway To Heaven knockoff, but darn it, it's a good one. And Somebody sounds like Dire Straits made the music and gave it to them. But if the knockoffs are good, then their other songs are masterpieces. Granted, I haven't listened to You Are Not Alone, but if my expectations are correct, than this songs should be another masterpiece. So really, why wouldn't you pick this up? Well, unless you hate Eagles. In which case, pick up this album and reconsider yourself. Don't take it from my review (why would you?); listen to it yourself.

jemil
    to ragepoppa-why you afraid listening eagles songs are you nuts?
    jemil
    to bryanmay66-sleep ka na lang all your life but for me eagles is the best band.
    BottomsUp
    I hate ****in' critics. Most of them aren't even musicians. Maybe half ass wannabees. This album was just as good their past stuff. And they still play perfect live. True musicians. I kinda miss Don Felder though. This album was a long time coming. Wish there could be more.
    Old Fart
    Well I got and...gotta say...partly disappointed. Some really good tracks but to me, there's a bit too much of the harmonies going the Crosby, Stills and Nash route....and a 'let's snuggle up in front of the log fire with a mug of hot chocolate' type songs. Not a critic,just my opinion and I'll give it 5.5/10!