Death By Sexy review by Eagles of Death Metal

• Released: Apr 11, 2006
Eagles of Death Metal: Death By Sexy

Death By Sexy is the Sophomore album by The Eagles Of Death Metal. The Eagles Of Death Metal was the brain child of hard rocker Josh Homme of The Queens Of The Stoneage, and good friend Jesse 'The Devil' Hughes. Two years after their debut album "Peace, Love, And Death Metal" comes "Death By Sexy," a solid follow-up that catches you off guard with catchy melodies and energetic sound. Songs like "I Like To Move In The Night" and "I Gotta Feeling" will be stuck in your head for days. The edgy guitars, stripper beats, and falsetto vocals might seem strange to new listeners, but for anyone who heard 'Peace, Love, And Death Metal' it will be all too familiar.

The lyrics on 'Death By Sexy' are exactly what you would expect from a band with a name like "The Eagles Of Death Metal." Lyrics like "You can be my sugar, be my Cherry Cola" and "I like to stroll yes I take my time, and when the womens come dancin' yes I make them mine" are silly and fun but fail to be much more than that. Jesse 'The Devil' Hughes vocal's are nothing less than great. With his perfectly placed oh's and yeah's he adds an energy to the songs that most bands today severely lack.

'Death By Sexy' is overall a more polished record than 'Peace, Love, And Death Metal', and certainly does not disappoint. You are sure to fall in love with some songs if not the whole album. 'Death By Sexy' is a surprisingly fun record that will keep you dancing and singing along for a while, but if you are looking for a record that will change your life, look elsewhere.

Goon
    I love Eagles of Death Metal. I went to buy this album 2 days ago but I don't think the stores have got it yet, I'm bitterly dissapointed. Glad to hear that the album is good. Is there anything Josh Homme can't do and do well?! (besides my mum)
    Billeh
    Theyre just taking the mick, its more like "boogie rock n' roll"
    l.MetalHead.l
    no 1 fcking claims to be death metal but a bunch of posers, i hope they rot in fcking hell
    Goon
    You silly dweebs posting about a band you know nothing about, you know who you are!! Eagles of Death Metal are called Eagles of Death Metal because of a fight Josh had with some guy that said Poison were a Death Metal band. Eagles of Death Metal play Garage rock. I read somewhere that their sound is what the Eagles would sound like if they tried to play Death Metal. Hence the name.
    civildp1
    Guitaroooo_Man wrote: This album owns, I got the leak a couple months back. Its a solid album, lost some of its catchiness and the lyrics arent as good as Peace, Love, Death Metal, but other than that. its a ****ing awsome album. The Drums are simply amazing, Josh really has turned into a good drummer. The Basslines are fabulous, Brian has monster hands and just plays bass perfectly for this music. The guitar riffs are catchy as ****. The Vocals are sexual. Gotta love them.
    the drums sound amazing because most of the tracks were done by Joey Castillo, not Josh.
    d_kRAMMER
    Metal head crikey steady on (i think your a metal poser in denial or something), your taking the fun out of the music. Anyway their last album was brilliant and their songs are just quirky enough to be fun but still kick ass. Really looking forward to this one, Josh H.'s interests are always good Kyuss, QOTSA, and EAGLES OF DEATHMETAL!! gaha....just hope 5:15er's prevail.
    Kal Zakath
    it's rock and roll, it's just for fun, now go get over yourself. Anyone know when the album comes to U.K?
    blicero
    I saw them at an in store and then open for the Strokes. Great band and the music is fun.
    Guitaroooo_Man