Two review by Earshot

• Released: Jun 29, 2004
Earshot: Two

Earshot has a really full, complete sound that I can't get enough of. In their second album they really showcase a rich mature sound, which can be partly attributed to the fact that there are three guitar players in the band. I also like the slow, powerful feel of the music. The riffs are really intense. The things I didn't like were that sometimes songs started to sound the same, such as Again and Rotten Inside, and near the end of the CD, some songs got pretty boring, such as Should've Been There.

Earshot's lyrics in Two are very powerful at times. Mostly they deal with relationships on the rocks. The lyrics fit perfectly with the slower, heavy style that Earshot plays with. Wil Martin's vocals are also very good. He never screams, which I like alot. He always sounds like he's actually emotionally attatched to the music and mostly sounds like he's out of breath. Earshot's lyrics get you involved personally with the song as most people have had a relationship of some sort get sour.

This is a very good rock album. If you like a solid, heavy rock sound I would highly recommend this album. I think Tongue-Tied is the best song, because it has great lyrics and powerful guitars. Some other good songs are Falls Apart, Someone, Rotten Inside, and Control. I love the involved lyrics and heavy riffs, but this CD could have done without three songs for sure. This is balanced however, by the fact that the songs that are good are really good. I would definitely recommend picking this CD up if you are a rock fan.

mtrev009
    Great album. Good lyrics, great vocals, good riffs, outstanding bass leads. One of my favs need to come out with new cd.
    3 days grace14
    I love these guys they are amazing they are bare bones rock, just go out and kick ass band god they are great wait is my fav or maybe fallapart