Winding The Optics Review

Eccentric Pendulum: Winding The Optics
Released: Aug 2011
Genre: Progressive/Technical Death/Thrash Metal
Label: Self-released
Presenting to you a progressive/technical metal band Eccentric Pendulum from India.
 7.7
 6.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Winding The Optics Reviewed by: navin56, on april 27, 2012

Sound: Presenting to you a Progressive/technical metal band Eccentric Pendulum from India. Let us cut to the chase more about the music and less nonsense. When I first heard E.C. it was simply mind blowing, they sounded like no other band I had heard before, their music is not biased towards any genres and the different styles are combined in such a way that it is hard to categorize them. To sum up You can never get enough of them. // 8

Lyrics: The vocals are pretty good and fuses well with the guitar riffs. The vocals are not exactly gutturals or clean but it suits the songs well. The overall lyrical themes are fragility, betrayal, architecture, emotions, space and time. The lyrics are written by the bassist. // 7

Overall Impression: Some of the great songs you can never stop listening from E.C. are "Paragon Impermanence", "De-Engineering The Prevalent" and "Sculptors Of Negative Emotions". I just love the technical guitar riffs and the melodic lines in between the songs just adds more textures to the song. There is not anything I hate it would be better if all the songs had a solo to it. I would definitely buy it if I lost it but I would be very careful and avoid losing the albums. (Applies to all the albums I own). // 8

Comments