Talking Dreams Review

Echosmith: Talking Dreams
Released: Oct 1, 2013
Genre: Indie Rock, Indie Pop
Label: Warner Bros
Echosmith's brand new debut album, "Talking Dreams," is an amazing musical journey. Considering this is their debut album and first time appearance, they've really set the bar high for much newer music.
 9.4
 8.8
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Talking Dreams Reviewed by: PedalFreak94, on january 15, 2015

Sound: I really love the overall sound on the "Talking Dreams" album from Echosmith. There're some really cool guitar parts, bass parts and cool drum tracks! The vocal, both female and male, features some even more dynamic tunes. I really like the sound of the lead vocalist and the backing vocals together. For me the instruments being used simply fits and blend right in. It's everything that's needed to get those smooth and catchy songs! Guitar, bass, drums, piano and vocal - dig it! Certain chords, chord changes or licks in Echosmith's tunes really makes it all worth listening to. Amazing sound, amazing lyrics and simply amazing sound! // 10

Lyrics: Overall I find the lyrics incredibly good and binding! Echosmith has achieved writing about thought, problems and feelings we all can relate to. Common feelings we all go through, experience and meet every single day. In my opinion, that's what lyric is all about. Meet your listeners half way, see things their way and include your own perspective. Echosmith has really done that on "Talking Dreams" and that makes their lyrics shine. Their music combined with the lyrics creates this overall atmosphere which draw in the listener and audience! For me, I like to listen carefully to the lyrics and find out what they're about and what scenarios are focused on and dealt with. Both "Cool Kids," "Let's Love" and the two other songs features really great lyrics. Both lead vocalist Sydney Sierota and backing vocalist Jamie Sierota has amazing voices. // 10

Overall Impression: Echosmith's brand new debut album, "Talking Dreams," is an amazing musical journey. Normally I tend to dislike much of the newer music being released now a days, but something has really got to me with Echosmith's music. I would say that considering this is their debut album and first time appearance, they've really set the bar high for much newer music.

Their musical style, rock & indie pop music, is a great mix and I really think that serves them very well. On songs like "Cool Kids," "Let's Love," "We're Not Alone" and "March Into the Sun" we really get to hear every single aspect of different genres, meaning that a tune like 'Let's Love' sets the overall mood and energy, kind of a dance around and feel loose tune, plus with the "Cool Kids" tune we really get to hear the masterpiece of their debut album.

When not having anything to compare this album to I will say that this really could be a major turn for Echosmith and their future music career. If they manage to continue producing great and catchy music and tunes, maybe experimenting on a few songs, then Echosmith will stick with us a long, long time. I highly recommend this album, "Talking Dreams." As far as I would say, I think this is my number 1 album of late 2014 early 2015! // 10

Comments