Into The Wild review by Eddie Vedder

• Released: Sep 18, 2007
Eddie Vedder: Into The Wild

I think Eddie Vedder is a person who is able to write down his feelings and make songs about it. Most of the songs and lyrics are written by Eddie himself, so it's very pure. The music on the CD is heard in the film "Into the wild", produced by Sean Penn. It tells the story of Alexander McCandless. After I had seen the film, I started to listen to Eddie's music on YouTube and just a few days ago I bought his CD, because I realised I wanted to listen to it too without a computer around: it's very relaxing music.

I think the lyrics are small pieces of art. They comply very well with the music. The music is important, but there is space left for the wonderful lyrics. They are very important and you are able to really experience them! Eddie Vedder has a very special voice, very nice to listen to. Sometimes I think the music is not very open, you have to like the style.

I can't compare this CD to any other albums or artists, Vedder really has his own style. The most impressive songs on the album I think are "Hard sun" and "Guaranteed". What I love about them is the rythm and the music in combinatino with the lyrics. The lyrics are very beautiful, but when you don't want to listen to the lyrics but just to the music, you will be able to do that to. If my album was tolen of lost, I would defenitely buy it again!

speedmetal777
    His name was Christopher McCandless, not Alexander McCandless. The moniker he gave himself was Alexander Supertramp.