Crimson review by Edge of Sanity

Edge of Sanity: Crimson

The sound and production quality is in one word, incredible. Incredible? Yes. That might be an understatement though. Really the only way for you to know how good it is, is to experience it for yourself. Dan Swano did a great job of putting this one together. All the musicians are playing at top notch here. No bs here. Although I'm not sure how you can bs on an album. Ask ashlee simpson. I'll give this a ten for sure.

Basically this album consists of one track, forty amazing minutes long. The lyrical content is storytelling. Something about a final generation of people, almost died out because of infertility, some evil queen comes a long, stuff happens, go listen yourself. For a length of forty minutes a story is all you could tell really. You couldn't sing about how life sucks or about mutilating an aborted foetus. A story is the only appropriate theme. The vocalists are also insaaaaane! Swano never misses a note, and don't be driving during Mikaels softer melodies. Fatigue can kill.

The only other artists I've heard even slightly similar to Edge of Sanity is Opeth's earlier works. That's Orchid and some of MAYH. And I must say I prefer Crimson over a lot of 'peth. "What are most impressive songs from the album?" Ummm, probably Crimson. If this album were stolen or lost I'd be pretty pissed. It's hard to find in stores (the ones I've been in anyway), but it is just a CD. It wouldn't be the end of the world. I'd find it again.

NosferatuZodd09
    reading the story was fun but i spaced out over and over again through out the song just liked select parts like one of the intro leads and the rest i cant really remember...
    Clabbe
    Fucking love that one ! Epic album i tell you guys, its the one thing you must do in life except die
    InCrimsonSleep
    Quick correction, Mikael doesn't sing clean on this at all, he does the more black metal screams. All the other vocals (low growls and all cleans) are Dan! Amazing album!