Mandrake review by Edguy

• Released: Nov 27, 2001
Edguy: Mandrake

They open this CD strong with an almost epic song, "Tears of a Mandrake". The entire CD is filled with powerful riffs, epic keyboard tracks, and awesome vocals. The recording and production of the CD is wonderful. The entire CD is more inovative and original than there previous album. The overall sound is better on this album.

The lyrics are well original and well thought out. Once again Tobias Sammet delivers masterpiece after masterpeice of words. The lyrics work well with the music and the overall feel of the album. Tobias has an amazing voice and very powerful. His singing style goes very well with the musical abilites of the band.

My overall impression of this CD is absolutely awesome. This has to be one of my favorite albums of this band and many others. The opening song "Tears Of A Mandrake" hooks the listener in and sets them up for the rest of the CD. The album also has great songs such as "Fallen Angels". This CD is a great buy for anyone who likes other powermetal bands such as Iced Earth, Blind Gaurdian, etc. At least checking out this CD is worth the time and effort.

EdguyRule_22
    Hell yeah, one of my favourite Edguy albums, although I like them all (as well as Avantasia's). This CD is banging.
    Kengis
    My favourite album of Edguy so far... Entire album is amazing.