White Rabbit review by Egypt Central

• Released: May 31, 2011
Egypt Central: White Rabbit

[Firstly, I just want to say sorry for any slight bias in this as I have been a fan of Egypt Central since they first started, and I seriously recommend you listen to both of their albums they have released: "White Rabbit", and "Egypt Central".] My first impression of the album is that it was just like any other album from any other, but listening to it more I realised that it's actually an amazing album. The album contains a range of style of play, for example their song "Ghost Town" is quite heavy at the chorus compared to their other songs on the album, whereas the song "Backfire" is acoustic based and slower with a more peaceful touch to it. This album contains numerous genres of rock: Post-grunge; alternative metal; hard rock and punk rock. The album can really appeal to a wide spectrum of rock fans! It really contains music you can either chill out to or rock out to.

About the lyrics, a lot of their songs are very meaningful in this album. Some of their songs such as "The Drug" and "The Enemy Inside" are about a man addicted to drugs as it slowly eats away his life... Also, the singer, John Falls, actually has an amazing voice for their style of play, which can be quite hard to find a band that has a perfect match between their singer and their style of play. The lyrics comply really well with the music, as they match the chord progressions and occasional tremolo picking styles of play and picking really well with the mood of the lyrics. The songs ALL have great guitar playing to go with the lyrics. As mentioned before, the singer has a very good voice and high skill level for the songs that are on the album.

Compared to other artists, I highly recommend this album. In a list of other artists, give or take a few, I would most likely pick this album to buy over the others. After listening thoroughly through this album, I consider the best songs to be: "Goodnight", "The Enemy Inside" and "Dying To Leave", as these three songs contain choruses that really step their songs up to the next level. The choruses are quite catchy, and their songs are about novice/intermediate level of playing, thus being rather fun to learn too. In general, I love this album and there is nothing negative I can find about it, other than the fact it's only 43 minutes long. The only thing I would like to change about this album is if they added a few more songs similar to those already in, to make it a bit longer. Thank you for reading.

YouTube preview picture
YouTube preview picture

DizzyDream
    it's nice to see a review that is unbiased and detailed so much. A good read. Kudos to you Mr Callum