Obsession review by Eighteen Visions

• Released: Jun 15, 2004
Eighteen Visions: Obsession

Ok, first of all. Love this album. The sound is excellent for Drop B guitars. From the one liner hardcore "Obsession" to the slow, ballad-like, "Said and Done" was very enjoyable. Eighteen Visions wasn't trying to be anything, show anything, or copy anything. They just rocked. It's very good since they only had one guitarist at this time.

01. Obsession - the three stages of a doomed relationship. When they couple want to be together, and all elements are against them. It seems to be the theme of the album. 02. I Let Go - this song's about just getting through a tough time or situation. 03. Crushed - the rejection and neglect from another. Girlfriend? or parents? 04. This Time - Mental Anguish in the darkness of night. 05. Tower Of Snakes - the unforgiving of abuse. 06. I Should Tell You - the caring about a love for a girlfriend and everything they've been through. 07. Waiting For The Heavens - one man against the world. 08. Lost In A Dream - self-explanatory. 09. Bleed By Yourself - self-explanatory. 10. A Long Way Home - being far away from something he/she loves. 11. Said And Done - the Aftermath of a relationship. Lyrically, James Hart not too bad. Not a whole lot of it rhymes, but it doesn't half too. Though a lot of it seems to be the same message, just in variation.

Compared to the other Eighteen Visions albums before this, it's a little less heavy, but the singing is a good difference. James still screams often, which is very satisfying for old fans. Comparing to the newest (and sadly last) album, it sounds old school/vintage. Obsession is kind of a one note-er, but it's a great note, and I want that. Rather that than having a whole bunch of different notes, and having half of them suck. Is I lost this album I would defiantly buy it again. My favorite songs are "I Let Go", "I Should Tell You", "Waiting for the Heavens", and "Lost in a Dream."