Fire review by Electric Six

• Released: May 20, 2003
Electric Six: Fire

'Fire' is Electric Six's 2003 debut album that saw crash into the public consciousness through the help of novelty singles 'Danger! High Voltage!' and 'Gay Bar'. Don't be fooled though, this album is very, very good! First of all, the sound is top notch all the way through, from the crushing riff of 'Dance Commander' to the swirling electronics of 'Synthesizer', the sound quality never falls below five out of five. The volume is loud enough, the vocals are great and the guitars roar!

I think vocalist Dick Valentine is probably the most talented singer in modern music. His voice is a brilliant mix of Bono and Stevie Ray Vaughan, and never falters on this album. The lyrics he writes are also funny as hell.

Overall, for me this was the highlight of 2003. The only other album that comes to close to beating this amazing album is the follow up, 'Senor Smoke', but that doesn't really count as it is the same band! The best songs that you really must download now are the brilliant 'Dance Commander', 'Improper Dancing', 'I'm The Bomb' and the awesome 'Synthesizer'. You might not believe if you've heard any of Electric Six's singles, but 'Synthesizer' is probably one of the most aweinspiring songs I've ever heard. It never fails in making me sing along. If it were stolen I'd buy it again, it is simply that good.

amp_322
    So...hey Panny. You're probably not even a user anymore, since you wrote this in 2004, but I just wanted to tell you to go eat a bag of shit. Your review is worthless, completely biased, and above all, WRONG. Electric Six are better than you "reviewed" them to be. Go die. Thanks much.