Senor Smoke review by Electric Six

• Released: Feb 15, 2005
Electric Six: Senor Smoke

The new album from Electric Six it is an improvement on their last (Fire) the new album continues their unique style of political incorrectness and wacky backing. This album even has their cover of Queen's Radio Ga Ga; being a die-hard Queen fan, I think the cover is good but not as good as the original. The album has the same high quality guitar playing as well as the use of pianos in several tracks including Pleasing Interlude 2 and Taxi To Nowhere. There are some real rock songs in this album for example Future Boys, Be My Dark Angel and Bite Me. However, there is still the use of synthesisers. There is also good blend of punk and metal.

The lyrics in this album are politically incorrect mentioning Iraq and the use of the nuclear bomb they still also have an obsession with dancing and electric. Dick Valentine continues to use his voice to create creepy vibes, in Pleasing Interlude 1. Several songs are even about dancing including Dance Epidemic and Dance-A-Thon (2005).

If some SOB stole this album from me, short of hunting the thief down I would go out and get another copy. There are some great tracks on the album like Rock And Roll Evacuation, Jimmy Carter, Boy Or Girl? and Bite Me. I think this is Electric Six's best album yet but hell that's just me.

PyroJesus
    stephenrock101 : electric 6 rule
    Constructive, positive, to the point... The best comment ever? I think so!
    Oliver87
    ummm.. politically incorrect? It think your defenition is incorrect. In the music video for "Gay Bar" they censored the words 'nuclear war'. This was on US television. The USA are the only country to detonate nuclear weapons on another country. What the hell are we afraid of? Politically incorrect my ass. I call it denial. Awesome Album, one of my faves. At least we can all agree on that!