Come My Fanatics... review by Electric Wizard

• Released: Jan 1, 1997
Electric Wizard: Come My Fanatics...

This is doom metal at it's finest, thick sludgy riffs, bluesy solos, and occult/drug themed lyrics. The album sounds good (as a mix) but I think the guitar tone on "Let Us Prey" is better. If your familiar with doom metal, you already know most of the songs are long, and on this is no exception. There isn't one song below the 6 minute mark (most are 8 10 minutes long). So if your into poppy crap, this isn't the CD for you. As a matter of fact, there is only one sorta catchy song on the album, which is track 7. Although there seems to be a few release of this album (some with 6 tracks and some with 8). Definalty for fans of Black Sabbath.

The lyrics are good and sutible for the music, but the vocals are mixed deep into the mix; as if the vocals are not meant to be heard. Their like their own instrument, only adding to the music. That, when combined with the down tuned, fuzzed out guitars only gives it a darker feel.

People usually say "Dopethrone" is the best form these guys, but I disagree. I think this album is probably there best, with it's great riffs, solos (some songs even have 3, duel leads included), and tracks like "Ivixor B - Phase Inducer" having middle eastern vocals, breaking monotomy the album may have had. Overall, an awesome album for fans who like slow, long dark Doom. Definatly one of the best bands producing this type music. Although, I will warn you the album is a bit hard to find, as this is a pretty underground type band.

penderp0)))
    This is probably the heaviest album ever made, you can almost smell the herb that went into making this when you listen to it. And to jerbal, i've listened to it after eating over an 1/8th of mush and felt myself dissolve into the earth
    thedevil
    SUPERCOVEN!!!!SUPERCOVEN!!! . but seriously, Return Trip is the best riff since Johnny B. Good. and I mean EVERYTHING since that.
    ThePushMan
    Come My Fanatics... is an amazing album. The 13 song version though is Come My Fanatics... and the album Electric Wizard, their 95 release. A great album but just to clarify in case someone gets an old version and is like WhereTF IS MY 7 OTHER SONGS. (I have the old version lol.). I see he mentioned it in the OP briefly lol.
    fallout5959
    I agree with you. This album is more spacey/sci-fi than the other ones, and it's definitely by favorite Electric Wizard album. Plus, "Return Trip" has some of the best riffs I've heard in all of doom metal \m/
    Kotex
    ^Indeed. I actually didn't think anybody was going to read this.lmao
    fallout5959
    I know what you mean. Electric Wizard isn't exactly mainstream stuff (although I think a lot of people would find their music pretty kick ass). I've been meaning to post reviews for there other albums (I have the entire discography) but I just haven't been able to get around to it.
    Infamou$17
    This is probably the only doom band I can dig, reminds me of Sabbath on Valium. "Return Trip" makes me want to utilize every bit of gain and distortion and s**t that I have and make buildings crumble to the ground or something
    Mr.Bassanator
    Electric wizard goes hand in hand with all great things in life. A revolutionary band to say the least
    jerbal
    i play in a doom metal band and these cats are one of our biggest influences , ( them , sabbath , and slayer ( don't ask )) . i have to agree that return trip has amazing riffs but hell so do all the songs in dopethrone . fenuralopolis and dopethrone especially . if someone walked up to me and said if i killed them i would get a ticket to an electric wiz show ide drain them of all their blood with out a second thought . oh and has any one ever listened to these guys while on lcd ?
    Kotex
    They're awesome. For some reason this album always makes me think about traveling through space or some shit. The bass overload on track two is awesome. They're new one is really good too.
    Mr.Bassanator
    FANTASTIC i almost shiit my pants hearing this, i love on Return Trip when he says GET OFF MY CASE YOU MOTHERF*CKER
    morbidtom
    of all the electric wizard albums ive got (dopethrone, witchcult today, let us prey, electric wizard) this is my favourite, and probably the most crushing. If i could replicate the guitar tone...i'd be a very happy man
    Kotex
    You can, get a Matamp. The original makers of Orange amps I believe. I've seen EW used Mesa's and Orange's though.