Come My Fanatics... Review

artist: Electric Wizard date: 05/26/2007 category: compact discs
Electric Wizard: Come My Fanatics...
Release Date: 1996
Label: Music Cartel
Genres: Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal, Stoner Metal, Doom Metal
 9.9
 9.7
review (1) 15 comments vote for this album:
Come My Fanatics... Reviewed by: Kotex, on may 26, 2007

Sound: This is doom metal at it's finest, thick sludgy riffs, bluesy solos, and occult/drug themed lyrics. The album sounds good (as a mix) but I think the guitar tone on "Let Us Prey" is better. If your familiar with doom metal, you already know most of the songs are long, and on this is no exception. There isn't one song below the 6 minute mark (most are 8 10 minutes long). So if your into poppy crap, this isn't the CD for you. As a matter of fact, there is only one sorta catchy song on the album, which is track 7. Although there seems to be a few release of this album (some with 6 tracks and some with 8). Definalty for fans of Black Sabbath. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are good and sutible for the music, but the vocals are mixed deep into the mix; as if the vocals are not meant to be heard. Their like their own instrument, only adding to the music. That, when combined with the down tuned, fuzzed out guitars only gives it a darker feel. // 10

Overall Impression: People usually say "Dopethrone" is the best form these guys, but I disagree. I think this album is probably there best, with it's great riffs, solos (some songs even have 3, duel leads included), and tracks like "Ivixor B - Phase Inducer" having middle eastern vocals, breaking monotomy the album may have had. Overall, an awesome album for fans who like slow, long dark Doom. Definatly one of the best bands producing this type music. Although, I will warn you the album is a bit hard to find, as this is a pretty underground type band. // 10

Comments